Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Time sure is flying!.
I'm trying to cherish it tho (even through pain) cause who knows if there will be any more babies after this one.
Looking forward to next couple weeks. Family reunion/grandparents 65th wedding anniversary Saturday, then 4th of July week tues thru sun will be up north at family cabin. Might have a couple friends up, dh's mom/stepdad will be in area camping all week, and his sister might come up too.(maybe not, their 5 yr old is getting her tonsils out tomorrow morning. I have no idea what recovery time is from that surgeryy but I'm guessing not long?) So will be ppl in and out all week/weekend.
Going to ask my doc next tues about SPD, see what they say, any suggestions they have.
I hear u ladies about being emotional about current child being only child. It makes me a little sad too but am glad we can give him a sibling. It's a great gift as they grow up and as adults to have each other.
Thursday were going to start transitioning my son(20 months) to his new room/bed. Have been talking about it with him for a month or so and his toddler bed is set up in there and he knows that's his "new bed". And sometimes we will put a baby doll in his crib and talk about how the baby is going to sleep in it. So we will see how this goes... Have a queen size bed in there we need to take out and a couple other safety things to do before we put him in there though. I know I brought this up a while back, but I'm up for hearing any tips you experienced mamas have on transitioning out of a crib/into a new room.

Advertisement

Last edited by chach4; 06-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat June 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyj21 View Post
I feel great this week. Just realized that I am 33 weeks yesterday. This pregnancy is flying by. However 7 more weeks seems like alot. when you tell someone "im due in aug." And then they make a huge deal about being pregnant through the hot summer. And how "huge you look... are you sure it's not twins? " Three people asked me that the other day.
i get this crap from people ALL.THE.TIME. and i'm over it. yes...i know i'm humungous. no...there aren't twins in there. yes...i know it's hot outside and it sucks really bad. and thanks especially for all the staring...it feels really great to be a freak show for everyone.
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat June 25th

I was thinking of starting to stock my freezer. Is it too early/long to be freezing some stuff like:
casseroles
cookies
bars
muffins/breads
My EDD is August 20 by the way, and I am hoping for it to be born right around then as my other 2 were 'on time.'

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa
I was thinking of starting to stock my freezer. Is it too early/long to be freezing some stuff like:
casseroles
cookies
bars
muffins/breads
My EDD is August 20 by the way, and I am hoping for it to be born right around then as my other 2 were 'on time.'
Not to early to start freezing.....I already have lasagna,pot pie casserole, and cookies in mine. All your things on your list freeze really well. I wrap in foil and then put them in freezer bags. When its time to pull them out I just POP in the oven to warm up (or cook from frozen on casserole).
Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4
Thursday were going to start transitioning my son(20 months) to his new room/bed. Have been talking about it with him for a month or so and his toddler bed is set up in there and he knows that's his "new bed". And sometimes we will put a baby doll in his crib and talk about how the baby is going to sleep in it. So we will see how this goes... Have a queen size bed in there we need to take out and a couple other safety things to do before we put him in there though. I know I brought this up a while back, but I'm up for hearing any tips you experienced mamas have on transitioning out of a crib/into a new room.
I found it easier to transition my son to his own room with a normal bed because I layed there with him telling him stories in the dark. At first I would let him fall asleep with me then put him in his bed. I slowly changed it to telling a story than having him climb in his own bed and telling his stuffed animal a story. The bed eventual left the room and was replaced with a recliner.