Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Suggest a diaper for my friend's child.

Currently I think my friend is using FBs on her 18 month old who is 30lbs and chubby. She is finding they tend to leak on the legs for her (i am not sure which style she has.) I have given her some suggestions to help with the FBs leaking, but she is thinking of trying a different brand, and I am not sure which to suggest. I did say that a side-snapping diaper and possibly something that is an AI2 rather than a pocket might work better. I make my own dipes which I use, so I don't really try a whole bunch of different brands, and wondering what brands you would suggest for her? (She is in Canada, I am in Aus, otherwise I would send her some of mine to try, but i think the shipping cost may not be worthwhile for her, and I am not sure exactly what the problem is with her dipes so I don't know if mine would solve it for her.)

Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Suggest a diaper for my friend's child.

FuzziBuns always leaked on my chunker. Plain ol' BumGenius worked, so I imagine pretty much any standard pocket type diaper would work the same.

Those FB are hard to size correctly.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm... we like the Easy Fits here. They are great and we only have a leak if she drinks a ton and I forget that she did and wait too long to change her. It doesn't happen often. We also have a Swaddlebees AIO, side snapping and it works great as well.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

I liked bumgenius for my chunker when she was around the 30 lb mark...they don't fit her so well anymore (38 lbs). Fuzzibunz sz L might be good too. Is she using the microfiber? Our fuzzibunz leaked like crazy with MF inserts.

Happy Heiny's sized dipes (XL covers 30-40 lbs I think) are perfect for my DD.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
I liked bumgenius for my chunker when she was around the 30 lb mark...they don't fit her so well anymore (38 lbs). Fuzzibunz sz L might be good too. Is she using the microfiber? Our fuzzibunz leaked like crazy with MF inserts.

Happy Heiny's sized dipes (XL covers 30-40 lbs I think) are perfect for my DD.
Oh yeah, I did suggest to her to try inserts with zorb and bamboo, because I also don't think MF holds all that much.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #6
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd suggest trying a good fitted with a cover.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I'd suggest trying a good fitted with a cover.
Personally I would use prefolds with covers myself! Oh that's right, i do! LOL. But i don't think she'll go for that, it's just not her :-)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Has she tried a fleece/wool cover? BGs I've never had issue with. DS will be 13m soon and has the fattest thighs. I like the snaps over aplix for adjusting for his thighs. We have a few OS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
pcjs
Registered Users

The sized blueberry are nice but I am not a fan of snaps. The large fit my 30 pounder toddler well.

Our old style BG Larges seem to be the best. Could her elastic just be shot? We were getting huge leaking so I'm slowly replacing our elastic (I was going to pay but I am hoping we will not need them much longer and there are some nice lessons online of how to fix them) and that made all the difference for us.

She could also try trainers and just stuff them. I just got some Grovia and my son is not a fan yet but they work/fit well and have lots of elastic.