Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
Replacing Velcro

on the front of a BG pocket. I ad a mama I traded with to do some diaper repair. She asked for the velcro and laundry tabs replaced, so I did what I usually do....ordered the BG refresher kits and replaced the side velcros and tabs. She just got the diapers back and had thought that the front velcro would also be replaced. I have never done that and thought it would be exceptional difficult to do, given that that portion of the diaper will not fit very well under the machine to sew. plus, where do you get the velcro?? HELP??

Jen , Wife to Scott, Mama to NINE 14, 13, 11, 9, 8, 5, 4, 4, and 22 months! Servant of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! and a homebirth midwifein my spare time

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?

Last edited by weesej; 06-30-2012 at 06:26 AM.
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Replacing Vecro

I'm not sure but why not at fabric store? I thought repair kits included that part.I think somewhere should be video on it?
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Replacing Vecro

You have to open the seam at the front top of the diaper to do the landing strip velcro. It is actually pretty easy, but time consuming. Some of the pocket diapers you actually have to make a cut in that seam at the PUL is folded over (hope that makes sense). I have been using the hook and loop that comes with the Babyville Botique line at JoAnns and really like it. I have had some on my diapers since it came out and they still look great!
WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Registered Users
Someone did a tutorial on here a while back. I'd try searching for it. It's actually not as hard as it seems, just time consuming seam ripping the top open.

I use aplix800. I've bought several other brands that are far inferior than the aplix800.
Mama to Dillon '10 and Wyatt '12
jmb162 is offline   Reply With Quote