Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
michelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me feel the side snap love

I actually prefer side snapping diapers because they are a better fit for my babies. The waist can be made small and the legs can be wide which fits my babies perfectly.

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't like side snaps and maybe I never will. I just have a hard time getting my hand behind it so I can push the snap in. I also just hate the look of them. But I am really falling in love with my Grovia AIOs and love everything about them except the side snaps. I was thinking that using them more often would help me get the hang of side-snaps. It's not. They're just weird and tricky. I have improved with experience, but it's not a breeze like front snaps are.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Side snapping diaper fit my skinny baby well, not my chunky baby. BUT i dont like them for poops. If baby J poops its a mess, and all over the tabs of the side snapper. Its harder to clean a diaper when both snaps are covered in poo!
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #14
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:

One thing we don't like about side-snapping diapers in this house is that they seem to go on 'backwards'--the front snaps over the back, whereas most of our other diapers have the wings from the back snapping over the front, know what I mean? So that's confusing, but would be less so if your entire stash was side-snapping!

That backward-ness comes in handy though when you've got a new crawler who just wants to flip over and crawl away!
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #15
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't care for them either. My daughter always had the budha belly so that was a no go. The snaps also dug into her hips. We love aplix Bottombumpers!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #16
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

There are only 2 side snap diapers I like. Blueberry Basix sized (Basically the Simplex but with stay dry inner) and Hiney Liney side snap shell. That's it. I cannot get a good fit with anything else.

Go try a Basix...they're $16 retail, excellent value!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #17
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

See, I used to think I didn't like side snaps......I'd tried a few and wasn't a fan but I decided to give them another chance and I'm so glad I did! I LOVE them now.My DD is pretty chubby and they work great for us, I find them more gentle on her tummy then front snaps. She's slimming down a bit now and they still work great. Peachy Green and Bottombumpers are my favorites......such a nice fit and so trim.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #18
Gita
Registered Users
Formerly: MiamiBaby
seller

My Mood:

Love side snaps. My DD had (has) such a slender waist that ss allowed us a much better fit. DS has chunkier thighs but same tiny waist, so we can snap the leg one size bigger and the waist (top snap) one smaller for a perfect fit. I say