Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do I replace my stash or go sposies?

I hate disposables with passion, so I would vamp up the stash. Plus, you'll still be saving money if he potty trains "on time" and you'll save even more if he's late. And you can use them for any future children, if you're having more, and if you're not, then don't forget to figure in that you'll get some $$ back when you sell them. No one would buy your used disposables, lol! AND...you'll get to do fluffy shopping!!

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Mom3B1G
Registered Users
seller

I have also heard the flip organics are really great for heavy wetters. Got some to try, but haven't yet. Some people double with microfiber or hemp for even more absorbtion. I have been researching overnight solutions for an older child who has been trained during the day for quite some time but just sleeps too deeply at night. Those fabrics are often suggested for overnight and heavy wetters for not getting leaks.
Mom3B1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Mom3B1G
Registered Users
seller

Sorry... just saw the comment about "doesn't it take longer to potty train when you use disposables?" It made me laugh, because I only tried that with my second child thinking it would be easier on me (husband was deployed). Well, my son figured out right away that he could pee in the disposable and suffer no ill consequences! So, yeah... I think it's definitely less effective, but it may depend on the child. With my child, it was not a good fit. We had to go back to cloth.
Mom3B1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #14
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd go with cloth since you can resell and hopefully they will work. Sposies you are literally throwing your money away.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
Old 06-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
I think it is the microfiber actually. It sounds like compression leaks. I really dislike microfiber and this is the main reason. Once saturated they act like a sponge if you put pressure on it. I personally would not go to sposies. Who knows how long you would be doing that. He could PT in a few months or you could still be in diapers this time next year. I would try some padfolded flats and some new capri covers. They are trimmer so even if you needed to add doublers ( I would recommend Hemp Babies) it would still not be too fluffy.
I agree with this too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote