Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #101
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie
Oh no! I sneezed a little bit ago, felt my tailbone POP again, and now am in triple the pain.
Ugh I hope it's just your pelvis settling for birth and not an injury!

I was pretty sure I was going into labor yesterday. I had several nice even long contractions that had beginning, middle, and end. You know where they start and grow in intensity, peak, and then taper off. All last night she was moving so violently that I was actually having to breathe through the cervix pain, but it was only really hard movements not contractions. She doesn't seem to appreciate how cramped it is in there. I don't remember my son's movements ever being painful, but this girl is crazy strong.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #102
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ruby Mamas Chat - Last week of June!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reithegenki View Post
Ugh I hope it's just your pelvis settling for birth and not an injury!

I was pretty sure I was going into labor yesterday. I had several nice even long contractions that had beginning, middle, and end. You know where they start and grow in intensity, peak, and then taper off. All last night she was moving so violently that I was actually having to breathe through the cervix pain, but it was only really hard movements not contractions. She doesn't seem to appreciate how cramped it is in there. I don't remember my son's movements ever being painful, but this girl is crazy strong.
Agreed! Hopefully it was just the normal shifting around of joints and not something worse. Even the bones in my feet are crackling there's so much relaxin floating around now.

DD doesn't appreciate the lack of space in there either. I don't remember the other 2 being that painful at all! On the plus side, when I'm jumping and wincing because it feels like she's trying to to the Alien thing and gnaw her way out, it makes DH really nervous. And I'm just mean enough at this point to want to keep him on his toes
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #103
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmmama

Agreed! Hopefully it was just the normal shifting around of joints and not something worse. Even the bones in my feet are crackling there's so much relaxin floating around now.

DD doesn't appreciate the lack of space in there either. I don't remember the other 2 being that painful at all! On the plus side, when I'm jumping and wincing because it feels like she's trying to to the Alien thing and gnaw her way out, it makes DH really nervous. And I'm just mean enough at this point to want to keep him on his toes
Unfortunately, this is more than just normal pregnancy shifting. Relaxin made the injury possible, but I am definitely injured. I can barely move because most movements are really painful and others just don't seem possible because my tailbone is clearly not where it should be.

My DD was like an alien trying to get out lol. I really think she hated it in there! She hasn't stopped being a mover since being in there either. She never sits still. This baby is calmer (or maybe that is my wishful thinking) and doesn't seem to be trying to get out--except through my cervix. He keeps head butting that lol.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #104
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Dp

Last edited by melyndie; 06-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #105
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie

Unfortunately, this is more than just normal pregnancy shifting. Relaxin made the injury possible, but I am definitely injured. I can barely move because most movements are really painful and others just don't seem possible because my tailbone is clearly not where it should be.

My DD was like an alien trying to get out lol. I really think she hated it in there! She hasn't stopped being a mover since being in there either. She never sits still. This baby is calmer (or maybe that is my wishful thinking) and doesn't seem to be trying to get out--except through my cervix. He keeps head butting that lol.
Ouch. I'm sorry. I really hope it doesn't make labor any harder for you. Are you going to be seen for the tailbone or just wait it out? I'm not sure what they can do for a dislocated tail bone... Doesn't seem like they could just pop it back in easily like a shoulder or knee. My mom "broke" her tail bone while pregnant with my brother. (she says broke, but not sure if it was an actual break t another injury) She still managed to have her unmedicated vaginal birth by having her nurse hold pressure on her tailbone during pushing. She said with the normal pain of pushing it wasn't noticeable, but during recovery it was pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #106
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

It's JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #107
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
It's JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is I've never made it this close to my actual due date before. The first 2 were born at 38w, so they weren't even born in the month they were due.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #108
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I told baby that she is now free to arrive now that she will be a July baby. I'm so tired of having the constant cramp in my left butt and hamstring. Makes getting up to pee so difficult and painful. Going to do a 30 min treadmill walk at the gym so I can get a good stretch in. The relief of the tight muscles is only brief but it's still nice. Holding my butt actually helps but I just can't bring myself to do that outside my house.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote