Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #31
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Relief from terrible Vericose Veins during Pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
I've been putting arnica on mine, seems to make them a little less irritated. I have been dealin with hemmeroids too (another form of varicose veins) and was just reading apple cider vinegar helps, so I am going to try that today.
Thanks Mama... so what is arnica and where do you find it? I have never heard of this...
I hope the apple cider vinegar gives some relief!...so you just put some on a tissue or cotton ball and apply?

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This may seem like a silly question but how do you know you gave VV's in your crotch?
Old 07-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #33
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got arnica gel at the local health food store, and yes I just apply it with a quip or cotton ball
Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #34
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
This may seem like a silly question but how do you know you gave VV's in your crotch?
I can see mine They are bulging veins. Extremely painful during pregnancy, and tolerable when not pregnant. Makes sitting hard.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #35
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
Yes, same here....my VV's are totally visible during pregnancy I have a very large vein that really bulges up in my groin (sp?) and then there are a couple that stick out in my V... it stinks
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
Flarmonster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This has been a really interesting thread to read through. I am 36ish weeks with #3. Had some VVV during #1, and I used that V2 prenatal cradle. It did help, but it was also annoying to wear. I'm sure you get used to it, as people got used to wearing girdles, hoops and all sorts of other things!

During #2, I had some mild leg VV, but they were just visual unappealing. This time, however, my legs and vulva swelled with a vengeance early in the 2nd trimester. It got so painful I had to put on compression stockings. OTC didn't help much, but made the pain less. I got a script and have been wearing 20-30mmhg every day for months now. The thigh high ones work well for me (less sagging and discomfort). Even the name brand ones don't last too long when you wear them daily, but they aren't as bad in the heat as I thought they would be.

I also take horsechestnut extract at the suggestion of my midwife and that seems to really help. So does keeping really well hydrated. The amber is a good idea, I wish I'd thought of it earlier.
Sarah- Happy wife to my DH Ken. Proud mama to 6yo D, 3yo J, 1yo V and #4 expected 7/23/14
Part time dog trainer, full time baby trainer. www.sidebysidetraining.com
Flarmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
Aussie Mumma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd bubba and my veins in my left leg are very prominent already! I developed the veins after the birth of my oldest DD, i had surgery to remove the veins. Second pregnancy they came back and think they will be worse this time! I also get them in the vulva area! I new what i was in for so i am going to try my best to ignore them! I have lots of support stockings..
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My vericose veins have started bothering me again this pregnancy. After a lot of research I've found bilberry extract to be helpful. I've been taking 2-3 60mg capsules a day. Drinking water helps too.
This is a little about bilberry from herbwisdom.com:

Bilberry contains anthocyanosides which are potent antioxidants which strengthen blood vessels and capillary walls, improve red blood cells, stabalize collagen tissues such as tendons, ligaments and cartilage and has cholesterol lowering effects. They also increase retinal pigments that allow the eye to tolerate light. In addition, it helps to maintain the flexibility of red blood cells, allowing them to pass through the capillaries and supply oxygen. The herb has been shown to be a vasodialator that opens blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Since the eyes have a high concentration of capillaries, bilberry may be particularly helpful in improving eyesight. The herb has been shown to improve night vision, slow macular degeneration, prevent cataracts and diabetic retinopathy. Scientific studies have shown improvement in the eyesight, circulation, angina, stroke and atherosclerosis. It is also used to improve varicose veins and has anti-aging effects on collagen structures.
God Bless mamas
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #39
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also wanted to add, hot water/baths and heating pads make it worse.

Last edited by mommycass; 10-05-2012 at 11:50 AM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote