Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Hey all! Justine, I hear about vacation no longer a vacation!!! We just got back and even with over 15 family and friends, I still never felt relaxed or had a real break!! That is so cute about the sippy cup!

I hope your babies feel better soon, watermelon!

Libby is 24lbs and 31" long. She is zombie running, lol. She doesn't say much, but understands a lot. She knows where her belly, ears, and nose are. She's starting to play more and figure things out.

Still nurses 5-6 times a day, eats everything. I have noticed she isn't eating quite as much, I guess the growth spurt that was her first year of life has finally slowed down, lol! Or maybe she is eating the same but getting pickier. I dunno, she still eats plenty so I'm not concerned. Her favorites are fruit and carbs. Muffins, pancakes, waffles, bread, crackers, etc.

I think we are down to one nap a day. I got blackout curtains and she took a 2.5 hr nap for the first time ever! She sleeps a decent 6-7 hr stretch from 7-1 or 2, then is up every 2-3 hrs. I wish she would sleep from 12-6 instead, though! Lol

Is anyone else experiencing separation anxiety or temper tantrums yet??

Advertisement

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

As far as hobbies, I have a ton of craft projects I need to finish. I've been working on a Christmas stocking that is beyond tedious, since last September (yikes!), some crochet pieces, a quilt my Gram gave me.

I don't really get a chance to sit and focus until bedtime, and I have no energy by then. Any energy I do have needs to be used for tidying/cleaning! Naptimes are usually spent being trapped under a tiny human, Haha. We are working on naps not spent on Mommy.

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ** May 2011 Mamas - June Chat**

Justine - you need to link your blog!

Greenebean - definitely experiencing separation anxiety and tantrums. I was just thinking how this week has been full of SCREAMING and pointing. I could tell DS no all day and just be wasting my breath. It's like he discovered how loud he can be and is using it to his advantage. I need some ear plugs. We're also working on getting down to 1 nap. He usually wakes up early and I can get him back to sleep with some rocking. Sometimes we finish naps on mommy in the rocker too :/ He's just so dang cute.

Justine, as for crafting, I have all these things I WANT to do but don't have time for! Pinterest gives me lots of ideas but executing them is the hard part. I'm really taken with embroidery/crewel/applique after making DS's birthday crown and so I think I might get some good wool felt instead of the cheap stuff and make him a Christmas stocking. I figure if I start now then it will definitely be done by Christmas!

I enjoy sewing, knitting, crocheting, gardening, cooking and baking. I'd like to learn weaving, guitar, and making things like planters out of concrete. I think back to when I had all the time in the world when I didn't work and didn't have a kid and wonder, what did I do all day?!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Julia - Here's my blog: simplifyingtheuniverse.blogspot.com I only have one post so far but I plan to try and post about 2-3 times a week. I'd love it if you wanted to take a look (anyone else is welcome too!!!). Let me know what you think! Those are great hobbies. I used to like to garden too but I haven't really done any since my kids were born. The last time I dug in the dirt really was while I was very pregnant (maybe even past my due date) waiting for my DS to be born. That is a happy memory of mine! You know, ever since I made DD's doll and sewed it all by hand, I have really been wanting to do some embroidery and needlework and have been thinking about either felting myself or sewing with some felt. Nice wool felt lends itself to all sorts of fun things. I've never had the real thing before. Did you see this store on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/quiltingacres ? I was browsing it the other day. I always have tons of projects going on too. I am currently making a list and prioritizing so I can go back and actually finish some things. Mostly knit projects intended for last winter. Are you on Ravelry???

Oh.my.goodness - whining and screaming. Yikes!! Lots of that around here. DD just follows me around the house whining. I feel so bad and do a lot of things one-handed but sometimes I just have to put her down. She is down to one nap also. It just sort of happened. Today and yesterday she only got in about 1/2 an hour or less. We were in the car during nap time but she didn't get to stay asleep long and then she didn't try to fall asleep again later. At least last night she went to bed early and slept in this morning.

DD had her 1-year check-up yesterday. She is 31" tall but I was so distracted that I didn't even look to see her weight!! I will ask at 15-months. I am bummed out. I was really curious how much she weighs and I can't believe I forgot. I was just trying to keep track of DS. The whole appointment was overwhelming. We had to wait forever and DS (who is 4) was pushing the stool around the room, climbing on everything, DD wanted to crawl all over the gross doctor's office floor (I just gave in and washed her hands lol), and I'm getting over a cold and could not stop coughing from the tickle in my throat the whole time the doctor was trying to talk to us. I had to pull out DS's juice box to sip on. It was embarrassing. Geesh. If you made it this far, thank you... and you deserve a medal. Sorry for the rant!

All right, off to bed soon. Have a great night girls.

Last edited by justineybean; 06-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Justine - I'm excited to read more of your blog! Love your son's hair! I'd love to have a blog, but I really don't know what I'd put. I guess I could do one without pics of the family, because I'm just not comfortable with that. I don't really want to get super personal, which doesn't lend itself well to a blog! Haha. But, I did go to school for creative writing and I MISS that side of myself. The writing side. I write for work on our blog there, but other than that not much.

Yeah, DS follows me around. It drives me crazy. We have a few drawers in the kitchen that are safe and I can open and he pulls everything out and stacks up. Basically plastic utensils and tupperware. That seems to keep his interest. Just ordered playstands from here: http://www.willowtoys.com/catalog.ph...3Fcategory%3D3 They're having a good sale so I took advantage! Got the playsilk canopy and clips too. I'm excited to have a place for me to put all of DS's toys instead of having little bits scattered all around. Plus it will grow with him.

Oh boy, Justine, I know what you mean about that stupid throat tickle when you have a cold. I just got over one and it would flare up when I was trying to put DS to sleep. So I'd be standing over his crib eyes watering so I wouldn't cough and wake him up!

Looking at that felt now. GORGEOUS. Prices are good too! I'm thinking I'll do embroidery. I'd like to start an etsy shop to sell SOMETHING - either DH needs to make more or I do because the more I look at public schools here, the more I really need DS to go to Waldorf. And I just don't think I'm cut out for homeschooling.

That's about it. DS had portraits today (we have a family plan given as a gift, I'd never spend the money on it...) Most of them were terrible, lol. His hair is all shaggy and he was confused by the flashes. We got a few though. Nice to have for memories. OH and today I got him to take a step by himself!!!! He was holding onto the couch with one hand and I sort of egged him on and he let go, stood for a few seconds, then took a step towards me.

He is currently screaming at me at the top of his lungs. I don't know what to do. I ignore it, but he just keeps going. This too shall pass (hopefully!)
Old 06-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Julia--thanks so much for checking out my blog!! and the compliment on DS's hair. I really like it long. we have always kept it long. I can't imagine what he would look like with short hair. I always either get compliments or "that boy needs a haircut" comments which annoy me. Does your DS have much hair? My DS's grew much faster than DD's. I still feel a little unsure about the blogging stuff. I'm not a very good writer although I do like it. That's so cool that you're a writer!! I agree I don't want to spill my guts. I plan to keep it sort of short and simple. I've been wanting to update it this week but something got spilled on the keyboard and now a few keys are broken. Oops, not sure who did it! those play stands look really awesome!! I love them. Definitely good for storage and fort and castle building too! my cough is finally almost gone. I was laughing about your throat tickle watering eyes story. That happened to me the other day too! Annoying for sure! DD refuses to be ignored while she's crying too. She's been a little better the past week or do although Friday was rough. She has thrush again too which can't feel good. I can't wait to see what you embroider! I thought the price on that felt was pretty fair too. I love looking at the pretty color combos. Do you knit also??? Are you on Ravelry?

ETA-forgot to add, congrats on his first steps!!!

Last edited by justineybean; 06-17-2012 at 06:13 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just a quick note to share my excitement - DS just walked across the room! I looked up and he was going right along! Earlier this morning he took 5 steps to me, but I thought it was a fluke because he was tired and grumpy and so I thought he didn't know what he was doing. Guess he did!

Well, then he fell hard on his face and it looks like he bit his lip. He got scared and cried. But it doesn't seem to deter him. I can keep getting him to do it! Yay!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow! That's so exciting about your DS taking off! My dad used to call DS "Frankie" when he first learned to walk because he thought he looked like Frankenstein. it's so cute to see them waddling around. I'm excited for DD to walk. congratulations to you!!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
***There is a new ongoing thread for the May 2011 Mamas Chat, instead of monthly threads. Please join us there!***