Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #51
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Accountability - To Do List Thread:

These are my new project! http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/celebrate-baby-tutorial-gauzey-swaddle-blankets.html I ordered some gauze fabric in pretty colors from fabric.com and so far I have 1 done...and a few (or 6!) left! The first one came together fast though, so as long as I can get a little uninterrupted time I should be able to get them done quickly. And then I can get back to sewing some nursing pads...these are just a little more fun That and I need to pack that silly bag for the hospital!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #52
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Let's see if I can think of what's left...

Write birth plan (almost done!)
Buy a few more newborn sleepers
Research and buy birth pool
Assemble birth supplies for home visit in a week
Buy some sposies for when DD is staying with friends
Arrange care for DD with friends
Write instructions for DD's care (food, bedtime routine, signs/vocabulary, etc.)
Pack just-in-case hospital bag
Pack DD's daytime/overnight bag
Make and freeze DD's meals for being away
Freeze two more (or more) meals
Hang wall decorations in nursery
Finish reading a few baby/birth books
Get DH to build shelves in nursery/DD's closets
Write baby shower thank you notes
Buy fabric bins for changing table/DD's room
Select and order fabric for master/guest room windows

That's all I can think of right now, but I am sure there is more!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).

Last edited by melyndie; 06-27-2012 at 06:45 PM.
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #53
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

updated my list There are some other things I need to do as well.. like make a trip to Costco to get some sugar.. and butter lol.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #54
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpettitt View Post
These are my new project! http://www.danamadeit.com/2012/03/celebrate-baby-tutorial-gauzey-swaddle-blankets.html I ordered some gauze fabric in pretty colors from fabric.com and so far I have 1 done...and a few (or 6!) left! The first one came together fast though, so as long as I can get a little uninterrupted time I should be able to get them done quickly. And then I can get back to sewing some nursing pads...these are just a little more fun That and I need to pack that silly bag for the hospital!!!
I like this idea!! I might do some as well..
Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #55
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Just crossed several things off my list! Woohoo! And added a few more, of course lol.

Does anyone else write instructions for the care of their child for whomever is taking care of them during the birth or hospital stay? I just finished (maybe) DD's, and it is SEVEN pages long, size 12 font! Crazy! A lot of it is lists, so it's not like seven pages of solid paragraphs, but still. Overprotective, much? But she will be staying with people who have never kept them over at their homes before (one has babysat her here before, though)...
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #56
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Just crossed several things off my list! Woohoo! And added a few more, of course lol.

Does anyone else write instructions for the care of their child for whomever is taking care of them during the birth or hospital stay? I just finished (maybe) DD's, and it is SEVEN pages long, size 12 font! Crazy! A lot of it is lists, so it's not like seven pages of solid paragraphs, but still. Overprotective, much? But she will be staying with people who have never kept them over at their homes before (one has babysat her here before, though)...
I didn't really have to, since it was my mom who came to stay with us. But I do remember writing notes frantically about how to use the TV, dishwasher, etc., between the time my water broke and waiting for my sister to arrive. I would certainly have written pages if I was sending my children somewhere they aren't used to! Hope everything goes smoothly for your DD! I'll keep my fingers x'ed for you!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #57
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stayed up way too late last night finishing up my sewing projects...but now I am DONE with everything on my "to-do" list. Hopefully now I can just keep up with all the everyday things around here like laundry and dishes It doesn't seem like it should be hard, but I'm definitely a little less comfy these days being preggo!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok so I didn't get the baby room done (or really even started) I had to move ODS mattress in that room because he is no longer aloud to be alone with DD and YDS because he keep hurting them, but that is a whole different thread! And we decided not TP put the bassinet into our room since I prob will just have baby in bed with us. Did prep my newborn diapers and washed newborn size clothes. Put the carseat in the car to see if it would fit (fits great by the way) and then took it out. I am thinking about showing DH how to instal it just incase. Got my bags packed. And refilled out my papers just need to charge my camera now, and set it to automatic so DH can use it lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #59
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3 View Post
Ok so I didn't get the baby room done (or really even started) I had to move ODS mattress in that room because he is no longer aloud to be alone with DD and YDS because he keep hurting them, but that is a whole different thread! And we decided not TP put the bassinet into our room since I prob will just have baby in bed with us. Did prep my newborn diapers and washed newborn size clothes. Put the carseat in the car to see if it would fit (fits great by the way) and then took it out. I am thinking about showing DH how to instal it just incase. Got my bags packed. And refilled out my papers just need to charge my camera now, and set it to automatic so DH can use it lol.
dang girl! you got a lot done! way to go!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #60
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

Got a lot more crossed off my list this weekend! Think I'll start prepping the diapers and wash her clothes these next couple of days!