Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
emerino
Registered Users

DS came out here and asked who is going to sing to him . I told him he and sister can sing to each other...that didn't work. He got a song from the couch. Back to normal tomorrow! I do enjoy those bedtime moments, but oh how I just want to do nothing at that time of day, or I'm trying to get the baby down.

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS is 5.5, and nowhere near being ready to put himself to bed. We help him shower every night (he needs guidance to make sure his hair is rinsed), assist with tooth brushing, read a book or a chapter from a longer book, and sing to him. I will be sad when he no longer wants a book and songs, though I can see him becoming more independent with showing and toothbrushing over the next year or two.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What age do you stop putting the kids to bed?

my oldest is only 4.5, so we still do bedtime with all of them. DS2 and DS3 are a breeze. They don't need much besides a kiss and hug. DS1 gets a story, a song and a prayer, unless he's gotten in trouble at bedtime...then it's just the prayer and a hug and kiss.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Until they tell me they dont want me to. They are 7 and 5 and I honestly dont see that happening any time soon.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

My oldest is 9 and she still asks to get tucked in everynight.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My kiddos are 5,4, and 18 months, and we read stories if it is not too late, and sing songs before bed. I still help the older ones with teeth because they have a hard time getting the toothpaste on the brush without making a huge mess. Of course I do the little one too And then I kiss them goodnight, turn on music, ect. My husband does the bedtime routine a lot of the time, so I don't have to do it every night. I will probably continue it as long as they want!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Henry is 5.5. I put him in the tub and help him wash his hair. I remind him which body parts to wash and leave him to his own devices. He gets out, gets dressed for bed and brushes his teeth.

We read together every night, and then he is allowed to read in bed for up to an hour, though he usually passes out before then.

I think it will be a long, long time before we stop our bedtime reading. I hope so, anyway.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD1 is 8 1/2 and we still tuck her in every night. I always tuck all 4 in every single night right when they go to bed. There was one night when I was really tired and just had dh go up there. I felt so "weird" that I went up there anyhow.

We have never done the song or book thing as a bedtime routine. When they were really little I would sing to them and occasionally we will read a book before bed, but it isn't a set routine.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My three boys are 4.5, & 15 months.
I still do it all, books songs teeth, bath ect. the oldest does put himself to bed when he won't eat like tonight. He also gets himself into pj's.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I plan on stopping when they move out.

No, really...I will do it until they absolutely refuse to have me do it anymore. But even when the day comes when I don't tuck in and read stories and all those things, I will still make it a point to give kisses and hugs to whatever extent the kids are comfortable with. I think it will always be important to say goodnight and show my kids I love them before bed.