Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Do you try for gender when TTC?

Nope. I was just happy to be pregnant!

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
ETA: okay, technically I've never been TTC. We take whatever comes that way too.
Ha! This is me. I have always wanted all girls. I was thrilled when I found out my first was a girl. I really, really wanted two girls, so I was convinced my 2nd was a boy. She wasn't. Then I decided I wanted three girls. Got pregnant and just KNEW she was a girl based on ovulation, implantation, and in utero heart rate (I know that one's an old wives tale, but still.) He wasn't. By the time I was pregnant with my 4th, I thought it would be cool to have a boy only because my 3rd was a boy and they would be close in age and they could share all their crap. But seeing as how we weren't actively TTC with that one and the fact that I'm pretty sure I was asleep when it did happen, no, we weren't trying for a specific gender. Ended up with a boy.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope, we didn't and won't in the future. We've got one of each right now, though, so maybe I'd feel differently if we only had one sex.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am "trying" for a gender right now. I am praying that my RE picks a girl embryo. None of my embryos have been tested for gender or anything so I will not know until I am pregnant with them. However as far as I know, testing embryos is the only way to guarantee a gender.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
doodah
Registered Users
seller

According to the timing, we should have two boys already....but we have 3 girls. I personally have no problem with parents gender swaying (although that wasnt what we were trying to do) but I think it is important to realize that no way is full proof and be emotionally and mentally prepared for whatever comes your way. If you cannot be a loving parent to either a boy OR a girl, I feel that that person is not mature enough to be a parent yet.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Nope. And we have 6 girls and 1 boy. Would love for the next to be a boy but I could really care less at this point. Any baby is welcome.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

We actually did kind of try for a boy with #3. I had been having these dreams for months before we started trying, of a baby boy. I dreamed about cuddling him, nursing him, some dreams of him as an older child. It wasn't so much that we wanted a boy but I was just so sure that he was out there waiting for us since he was so clear in my dreams. We didn't really do much beyond a bit of the shettles guidelines. The dreams started getting very real and I knew someone was telling us it was time to get pregnant, we had no plans of trying anytime soon but I talked to dh about it one Saturday and we agreed to start trying. I literally conceived that night and now we have our 3rd little girl. Clearly my dreams were a bit off but I was right in the fact that we had a very impatient little one who was just waiting for the opportunity to join our family. And in hindsight it was never a little boy waiting to join our family it was our silly little 10 month old girl.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never tried for a particular gender and I ended up with B, G, B, B.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No. We just got what we got

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We didn't sway with our first - we were just trying to prove the infertility doctors wrong (every time I say that I feel a little HAH that I wanna yell in their face). This time, we will "sway" for another boy (since that means just do it like rabbits in hopes that something takes) because it would be nice for DS to have a buddy. With that said, I still dream of tutus and hairbows.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote