Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: 3+ c-sections- please share stories and info!

I have had 3 sections. Because of the extensive amount of scar tissue the doctor recommended I not have any more children. It took them 45 minutes to reach the baby. In the event of an emergency they wouldn't be able to be as careful. This would increase the risk of cutting other organs. 2 of my 3 sections were emergencies. My last one being a semi emergency. Baby had stopped moving and was having heart decels at 37 weeks. He turned out to have 4 tight cord wraps. If we have another baby my doctor said she would want to schedule a section for 36 weeks. If it weren't for the scar tissue I have she wouldn't see any problem with up to 5 sections.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All five of mine have been c/s and my OB was clear to me from the first appointment that it is not her decision on what size my family will be. You need to find a new Dr. ASAP!!! My OB has been unbelievable, I am seriously blessed.....she told me she will always tell me the risks and that the risk goes up with every c/s a person has.....but it is *my* decision. While we did have concern about a previa or accreta for this last pregnancy, it was carefully monitored and turned out to not be an issue. All of my c/s have been complication free and the recoveries have been easier than many of my friends who have had vaginal births.

Bottom line, there is no hard and fast rule on the number of sections you can have....but you need to find a doctor who supports you....not his own agenda. I feel very lucky that my Dr has become a very close friend that I trust with life and death decisions. Don't be afraid to go elsewhere until you're comfortable with your provider.
(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #13
aphlbrck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4th c/s is planned for August. I agree with others that it's totally a case by case basis. The OB who delivered #2 and #3 said she was comfortable with 5 c/s and the OB office that I'm seeing for this pregnancy (we've moved) hasn't blinked an eye about this is being my 4th section.

My good friend, though, had her tubes tied during her 4th c/s because her uterine wall was extremely thin and the Dr. expressed quite a bit of concern about her ability to safely carry another baby.

Good luck!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
MommaPickerill
Registered Users
seller

I wish I could find a dr that would go for a VBAC. I have had 2 c-sections and will have #3 at the end of August. I would just love to experience my baby coming out and straight to my arms without him being whisked away and my laying there waiting to be sewn up.
MommaPickerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am currently pg with #6(just found out last week, but was planned)
All of mine have been c-sections. I tried with #1 and #2 but it didn't happen.
Th eonly one i had a few issues with was #3 where I had some scar tissue. Didn't happen with #4 or 5. 5 was a little harder to recover because at about 2 wks pp I had a lot of pain that my dr thought was scar tissue.
I have promised my dh this will be it. It makes me sad but I need to think about my health also. My dr knew I wasn't done though and he said there was no reason I couldn't have another.
I would find another dr if they can't support you
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Lisamomof7
Registered Users
Formerly: Lisamomof6

My Mood:

I have had 6 c/s and agree with everyone, you should definitely find a new Dr. It should totally be a case by case decision because obviously none of us are the same. Each time I ask my Dr. to let me know his opinion on having more and he has given us the green light to get PG again and have a 7th c/s.

Best of luck to you!
I love essential oils & sell them too! http://mydoterra.com/thesweetlife
Lisamomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just had my 5th Csection!! My Doc said my uterus had "thinned as we expected it would" but it wasn't dangerously thin and she said I could have another baby if I wanted!

It should be a case by case basis on how many Csections you can have!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #18
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
Just had my 5th Csection!! My Doc said my uterus had "thinned as we expected it would" but it wasn't dangerously thin and she said I could have another baby if I wanted!

It should be a case by case basis on how many Csections you can have!!
I don't really understand the thin uterus that drs say. When I had my 3rd my ob told me that my uterus was paper thin that if we waited even a day longer it might have ruptured. She said for future babies we should think about having a cs earlier. For baby #4, she must have forgotten and didn't write it down, I had my cs scheduled for a couple days before my due date. For #4 and #5 both times she never mentioned anything about my thin uterus and even her and the other ob that was workign with her for my 5th said that I looked better inside then people who have had only 1 cs. So I don't get the thin uterus thing or at least why they use that to determine future cs. I didn't say anything to her because I did my own research and found that uterus is suppose to be really thin.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
I don't really understand the thin uterus that drs say. When I had my 3rd my ob told me that my uterus was paper thin that if we waited even a day longer it might have ruptured. She said for future babies we should think about having a cs earlier. For baby #4, she must have forgotten and didn't write it down, I had my cs scheduled for a couple days before my due date. For #4 and #5 both times she never mentioned anything about my thin uterus and even her and the other ob that was workign with her for my 5th said that I looked better inside then people who have had only 1 cs. So I don't get the thin uterus thing or at least why they use that to determine future cs. I didn't say anything to her because I did my own research and found that uterus is suppose to be really thin.
I was told the concern was when the uterus becomes so thin you can actually see the baby through the uterine wall. Obviously only the doctors doing your section will know this. They told me I had this problem as well as extensive scar tissue.

On the day I was to go home with our youngest an intern actually told me baby and I would possitively die if I were to become pregnant again. My OB said it was not quite so dire but my risks of severe complications were definitely much greater than average.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #20
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
It's so strange what all the docs say. MY doctor said it's not usually a matter of uterine thinness. But instead it's a matter of placenta issues increasing with multiple c/s and scarring issues arising. Because multiple c-sections increasing risks of placenta incretas, accretas, etc. he recommends stopping after the pregnancy in which he feels like the placenta is implanted too deeply or if the placenta has other issues due to the c/s history. He's had 4 severe placenta accretas with 4th c-sections that resulted in hysterrectomies (one... his first... with a lot of blood transfusions... he learned a lot from that one). He's had other women have placenta issues due to c/s and he recommended they be done with childbearing.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote