Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Connor
Registered Users
seller

My DS can Swim!! *Added a video*

I recorded this today with my cell phone while we were at the pool swimming

I'm so proud of him! If you can't tell from the video I think he's pretty awesome

New video:

Advertisement

Last edited by Connor; 07-05-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My DS can Swim!!

wow!!! Just wow!! I'm super impressed. I am kicking myself STILL that I haven't put my boys in swim lessons. DS1 (4.5) is TERRIFIED of the water. DS2 (2.5) would jump in head first. They both need lessons, for opposite reasons. I NEED to find the money.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am amazed too, how awesome is that!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
wow!!! Just wow!! I'm super impressed. I am kicking myself STILL that I haven't put my boys in swim lessons. DS1 (4.5) is TERRIFIED of the water. DS2 (2.5) would jump in head first. They both need lessons, for opposite reasons. I NEED to find the money.
How funny, my older two are EXACTLY like that too. My older is completely terrified of being in water without a life jacket while DD is fearless. I have had DS1 in swim lessons for a couple sessions and I think it really makes him more anxious, he does much better when I can take him to the pool and work with him myself ( unfortunately that can't happen right now with DH deployed)
Old 07-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is really cool! do you have a swimming pool? I have found that really helps! All my friends who have swimming pools their kids are swimming alone at 2. My 4yo spent the first 3 years of her life in SF where nobody ever swims, so when we moved back to Australia she was very afraid of the water. It only took her 2 seasons though and she was swimming before her 4th birthday and now loves the water! My 2yo swims with the vest still but i reckon by the time it is summer here and she gets back in the water she may be swimming alone. We'll see!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee
That is really cool! do you have a swimming pool? I have found that really helps! All my friends who have swimming pools their kids are swimming alone at 2. My 4yo spent the first 3 years of her life in SF where nobody ever swims, so when we moved back to Australia she was very afraid of the water. It only took her 2 seasons though and she was swimming before her 4th birthday and now loves the water! My 2yo swims with the vest still but i reckon by the time it is summer here and she gets back in the water she may be swimming alone. We'll see!
I don't have a pool. But my cousin lives right down the road and we have unlimited use of their pool, anytime. I'm so glad I started lessons early. We would have done it last summer but the only instructor close to us wasn't teaching since she just had a baby. I hope to plan a short winter vacation somewhere with an indoor heated pool, just to "refresh" his skills.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

that is so great!! My kids aren't that pro yet, but they(4 and 3) know how to hold their breath underwater, kick and paddle...but struggle staying afloat for long amounts of time. If i weren't about to pop, we would have had them in lessons this summer, but all the local ones are right now and require parent to be in the water...not too easy if we are unsure when babys coming lol

I think all kids should take swim lessons, so thats great!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino
that is so great!! My kids aren't that pro yet, but they(4 and 3) know how to hold their breath underwater, kick and paddle...but struggle staying afloat for long amounts of time. If i weren't about to pop, we would have had them in lessons this summer, but all the local ones are right now and require parent to be in the water...not too easy if we are unsure when babys coming lol

I think all kids should take swim lessons, so thats great!!
Haha! Water birth?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Re: My DS can Swim!! *Added a video*

One more video, I'm just so proud of him!!