Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 38 weeks and a couple of weeks ago a lady at church asked me very seriously if there were 5 in there!!! I was too stunned to say anything. I commented to my dh how rude it was to say something like that. People always think it's twins. Wth man.

Advertisement

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
whiteyacht
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyacht
People always think I'm due imminently when I really have a couple months left. I posted a belly pic on fb last week and my aunt first asked if my due date was right and then later if they're sure I'm not having twins. With my last pregnancy, a post office clerk acted shocked when I still had a couple months. But most people I encounter have more tact!
Well, after I bragged on how tactful the people around me are, yesterday FIL said I am bigger than I was with my others and SIL gave me the line about twins. Sigh.
whiteyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyacht

Well, after I bragged on how tactful the people around me are, yesterday FIL said I am bigger than I was with my others and SIL gave me the line about twins. Sigh.
Ugh. My grandma almost had me in tears yesterday when she went on and on and I about how I looked like "I should be heading to the hospital next week". I'm ashamed to say I went off on her a little bit, but she says things like this to me every time I see her. She had 6 kids! You'd think she would remember what it's like! I think when I was leaving she apologized in her own way though when she told me I didn't look pregnant from the back!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else getting rude comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlyjo View Post
I'm so sick of people, family AND strangers alike, telling me how huge I look! Almost every time I tell someone when I'm due they gasp and ask if I'm sure I'm not having twins. One lady was insistent my due date was wrong. Do people not get how rude and hurtful it is to a pregnant lady?! I need a clever comeback, but I can't think of one.
-DDC-

Oh I get it ALL DAY. I am only 21 weeks and I am getting shocked looks and the exact comments. I turn around and say

"Pregnant? Noooooo, I won't dare in this time and age"

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC!

Sorry you are all getting nasty comments! Really, everyone has something to say whether you look big or small, people apparently get that everyone is different. Period. So as long as you indeed are pregnant dont take it to heart. Im sure its worse being told you must be carrying twins if you arent even pg!

Last edited by newmommy13; 07-05-2012 at 03:35 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
DDC!

Sorry you are all getting nasty comments! Really, everyone has something to say whether you look big or small, people apparently get that everyone is different. Period. So as long as you indeed are pregnant dont take it to heart. Im sure its worse being told you must be carrying twins if you arent even pg!

I was asked how far along I was and if I was preggo with twins when I wasn't even pregnant, trying to get pregnant, and just had a loss. How's that for a few shots int he gut?

I think you look great! I am pretty big and haven't gained much weight like many here. I haven't gotten too many comments really but I'm a weird one that enjoys looking pregnant. I'm also very short with a short torso so baby doesn't have much room to go except out.

Try to remember they're not saying that YOU are huge, just thatbaby is. Not that it's much better but don't think they're saying you're fat In a few months when baby is here you'll forget all about it. Until then do a google search for witty comebacks, I read a blog post with 10 awesome ones once, I wish I saved it!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #17
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After my first pregnancy I decided it ALWAYS a better idea to just tell a pregnant woman how amazing she looks regardless of how far along she is lol

I keep getting "You don't even look pregnant at all" I'm thinking...okayy, so I just look fat then? Sorry, but I'm super hormonal, anything besides how awesome I look is probably going to be taken the wrong way hahaha

Comparison pics from DD to this pregnancy I am actually bigger right now than I was with her at the same point and I kept getting the twins comments with her. I think it might be because I'm carrying way, way lower this time....or people are just stupid :P
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #18
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlyjo View Post
Attachment 111405

This is my apparently HUGE belly that everyone thinks must be harboring twins. Is it really that big? I'll be 31 weeks on Friday for-crying-out-loud!

I'm also testing to see how to upload pics from phone.
You look great!!! You are so slim and are "all baby" as they say. I don't think you look big at all!! I get those comments too. No joke, at least 80% of the time I tell people I'm due in September, their eyes bulge out and they say something like "Wow! You have a while to go then..." or "Oh.. I thought you were due sooner." Tell me, has any woman in history ever wanted to be told she looks big? I think not. It's rude and I'm shocked at how often it's women who say it. For the record, I'm measuring exactly on and I've gained 13lbs. People are weird. That's all I can take away from this. My friend's mom bought me a shirt that reads "You're fat, I'm just pregnant". I've never worn it in public because I truly wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I wish I had it for those people who do comment!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #19
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've moved on from being offended to just mortifying unsuspecting strangers. I'm 29wks and for the past couple months, when people ask if I'm pregnant, I screw up my face and say "No, why do you ask???" Then I wait until the proper amount of shock, embarrassment, and terror show up on their face and tell them I'm joking. Lol, I'm a terrible person, but their faces really are priceless.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am going back to work tomorrow and am not looking forward to the comments. I am pretty sure I will start crying if anyone says anthing about my size. i need to come up with some comebacks