Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gestational Diabetes

So far with mine, since getting the monitor and making no diet changes (I pay attention to how much I am eating, but it's the same foods/amounts as before, TBH), my sugars are well within a healthy range. That's good!

Advertisement

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

getting tested tomorrow! no probs with the first 3, but this one is measuring in the 90th % for weight, so kind of worried about it.

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDaffodil View Post
My doc said that they are diagnosing a lot more women with this because the requirements are a lot stricter than they used to be
I totally believe this. 1 midwive wanted me to take the 3 hour even though I passed the 1 hour simply because my amniotic fluid was "high normal" and the 1 hour was on the higher end of normal too. I refused (said I'd monitor my diet regardless) and the other midwife said there was no reason to test me to begin with. I think they either need to do away with the ranges and test case by case or change how they test. I'm sorry, how is downing that much sugar in so little time healthy? Either have mom eat REAL food or monitor for a day or two. ugh this really bothers me and diabetes hits close to home- my aunt has a pump and her twin died in her late 20s/early 30's from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howmanykids View Post
getting tested tomorrow! no probs with the first 3, but this one is measuring in the 90th % for weight, so kind of worried about it.
Good luck! Don't stress about the ultrasound guesstimates. They can be off by 2lbs either way which can make that 90%tile much lower.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
I go for 3hr tomorrow :-(
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #15
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was going to refuse the test altogether because te Glucola isn't good for the baby (or me, but I digress) but my Midwife allows the diet instead. I have to eat a small piece of bread and 6 oz of orange juice. My test is next week.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #16
ALNaturMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think more doctors are moving to having moms eat real food. That drink is not healthy in many ways!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
GumpR
Registered Users
seller

I apparently flunked my 1 hr, so I'm going for the 3 hour test on Wednesday. Such a pain with a toddler! I feel bad I have to leave him with someone for half a day so I can sit at the birthing center from 9-12 to have blood drawn. I want to know if something is really wrong because I want my baby to be healthy as can be. . . but I don't think anything is wrong at all!!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #18
ALNaturMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mine is getting much better. I can eat carbs again and only go into the 130s or 140s for about 30 min after eating. Hopefully this means that it's just genetics if she's a big baby!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I refused my 3hr one after I got a meter and saw what my #'s where after I ate. They were well below the "high" #. I wasn't about to have someone watch my kids for 5+ hrs for a test that I know I will pass. I eat good food and don't eat the sugary stuff anyway. That DUMB drink made my levels spike and made baby SUPER active for 4hrs after I took it!!
My Doc told me to take my blood 3x's a day and give her the #'s.... well I did it for 4 days and am not doing it anymore because my #'s are basically the same.
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

See that's exaclty how I feel about it. I don't see how that drink is good on ANY level for me or the baby. I failed my 1hr and they said I *had* to go back for my 3hr next week but I have 3 kids here and hubs can't take a half a day off work to watch them. I already have a monitor from my last baby (only a yr. old) so I would much rather have to monitor myself like I did than go through that again.. I barely made it though the 1hr test w/out puking.