Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Is your LO really big for her age? Some bigger kids are slower to hit gross motor skill milestones. Basically, they're so heavy their bodies aren't capable of moving it yet. One late milestone probably isn't a big deal as long as on the whole the baby is developing on target. If you're concerned, call the dr for appointment.

Advertisement

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
emerino
Registered Users

Thanks for the encouragement mamas! I figured I would talk to her ped at her 6mo checkup. He didn't seem happy that she wasn't doing it by 4 months, said its because I wasn't doing tummy time. Now we do tummy time every day and nothing .

She's not big at all, not even 13 pounds, so it's definitely not a weight issue . She just doesn't seem interested. She does try to get on her knees though.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #13
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: My 5-1/2 mo old hasn't rolled over yet

My younger (and bigger) twin didn't roll over until he was 15 or 16 months old...after he could walk and run He had two doctors during this time and neither one was concerned because that was the only thing that he hadn't met developmentally yet.

One of the doctors said it's common for big and wide babies to not want to roll over because it's uncomfortable.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS rolled over at like 3 months and walked at 7 months! He's still a ball of energy to this day. Then I had DD and she was just like your LO. She was just more laid back in that way and couldn't care less. She was also a butterball and probably couldn't hoist herself over. Anyway, I never saw her roll over until around 6 months or so. She didn't crawl until after 8 months. And she didn't walk until after 12 months. Don't worry!
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Talk to the pedi if you are very concerned but honestly, all children develop on a different level. Even siblings or twins will develop differently most of the time.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
doodah
Registered Users
seller

My oldest did everything super early...cruising by 6 months. The second rolled over really soon and then was late on everything else. The third is beyond a late bloomer. She JUST started pulling up at 13 months. I'm not worried about it for now. Kids go at their own pace.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote