Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
philenabean
Registered Users

Re: Think this is the night!

Definitely don't feel bad! Better to have her there than be caught by surprise! Good luck to you

Advertisement

philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
Aingeru
Registered Users

BTDT, last weekend I had 4 hours of regular contractions, I was sure it was the real thing. And then it stopped, and here I am, still pregnant and almost 5 cm dilated. I'm 40 weeks today. With DS I had no pre-labor like that, it was all very fast and furious, so I was kind of expecting the same.

Hang in there!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #13
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aingeru View Post
BTDT, last weekend I had 4 hours of regular contractions, I was sure it was the real thing. And then it stopped, and here I am, still pregnant and almost 5 cm dilated. I'm 40 weeks today. With DS I had no pre-labor like that, it was all very fast and furious, so I was kind of expecting the same.

Hang in there!
sorry to hear you have been there too, quite frustrating. Hope you are in real labor soon! I still have 2.5 weeks to dd so may be a bit for me. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone though!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
dogmom327
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Well it ended up being four hours of very convincing false labor. I have never had that happen before, the midwife came and we were all waiting for baby to come and my contractions just stopped.

So here I am still pregnant and very embarrassed lol. After 4 babies you think maybe you know your body and then it pulls something like this.

So there's my update, no idea when baby will come could be days could still be weeks.
Oh mama, right there with you! I've been having "labor-style" contractions since 32 weeks and I've done 3 rounds of false labor each lasting 10+ hours during the last two weeks. It is so demoralizing to be so sure this is it and then to have it stop