Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Frustrated

I know when she has to pee. I'll take her and she won't go. I'll try different potties, she'll keep fussing and I'll put her back on but she won't go, and then 10 seconds later she pees in her diaper She doesn't seem to mind the potty, we play with toys and stuff, but I don't want to sit there forever waiting for her to go. I usually wait about 5 mins. It's just so frustrating to keep taking her to the potty and knowing she has to go, only to have her go in her diaper.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Frustrated

I know that feeling. When it gets like that, I just take a break from EC and don't worry about it for a bit. Sometimes we both need a break. It shouldn't be stressful so don't let it be. These are phases and they will come and go but the progress you have made in communicating with your LO is not lost when there is a bumpy patch. She is just working through something and when she gets it figured out, she'll go right back to using the potty like before.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
chakakhanchakakhan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Frustrated

PUt an empty bucket on the ground to the side of the toilet she sits on. get a waterbottle.
fill it with very warm water.
She isn't letting pee go when she wants to.
Hold out he wrist over the bucket when she is on the toilet.
make it a game? Pour or spray the warm water continuously over her wrist. its not a little squirt i'm talkin about . its gotta be a gush of continuous warm water over her wrist.
It causes the bladder to release
let me know if it works for you
chakakhanchakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote