Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria
What is the issue with outing yourself?
You're not allowed to out another or yourself. I would imagine it's to protect both parties from problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: seems like a bum deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebabysmama View Post
Hmmm...ok, so she decided to contact the diaper maker at my suggestion and the maker is not acknowledging the fact that the item in question was premade, unsold inventory and she is not offering any type of compensation for the price difference. :/ what should she do now? What would you do if it were you. I feel bad for this lady.
Ok, so it looks like ^ this was all one GIGANTIC misunderstanding. There was an attachment in an email that was missed and that's why a partial refund was not offered right away. This has been all hashed out and after a few more misunderstandings and a few hurt feelings, followed by some appologies I think it's all good.

I know that posting this doesn't really make sense because it's not like anyone knows who was being referenced in all this (which was my intent), but I just wanted to let anyone who was following the thread know that this WAHM is not shady or anything. ANd I never intended it to come across sounding like I thought that either.

I still stand by my opinion that havng previously made inventory become part of a custom doesn't seem right, BUT...if it's a semi-custom and the listing states that premade stuff may be part of the deal, then absolutely it is fine.

So, all in all, thanks for your opinions on the situation ladies, and I'm glad things worked out for the seller, but next time I may just keep my curiosity to myself. LOL
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

You're not allowed to out another or yourself. I would imagine it's to protect both parties from problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Oh I know, I'm just wondering why specifically a seller can't out themselves if they feel they are being mistreated and it's easy for others to find out the OP was talking about them.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #24
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: all worked out :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
Oh I know, I'm just wondering why specifically a seller can't out themselves if they feel they are being mistreated and it's easy for others to find out the OP was talking about them.
It's to cut down on the drama. If you out yourself you as the other part the fighting can get way out of hand.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay

It's to cut down on the drama. If you out yourself you as the other part the fighting can get way out of hand.
And it just leads to mods involvement and threads being shut down. Now, I have seen where the OP (general, not this OP) gave misleading info and the 'defendant' outed them self because they HAD to. It was lies. But I think a mod cleaned that up in a hurry for them. Something about a buyer emailing a seller like 100x?? Lol. Or something. I have the worst memory.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ah ok. Thanks ladies.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #27
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: all worked out :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
And it just leads to mods involvement and threads being shut down. Now, I have seen where the OP (general, not this OP) gave misleading info and the 'defendant' outed them self because they HAD to. It was lies. But I think a mod cleaned that up in a hurry for them. Something about a buyer emailing a seller like 100x?? Lol. Or something. I have the worst memory.
I remember that one! I think there was more to it. One posted in here and the other in OT about the same insane transaction.