Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Bad EC day :(

We've only been doing it for a few weeks and it's been going so well. She's 6 1/2 months old. But today has been all misses (except the morning poop and pee). She's really fussy lately, it's really hot and she's teething so I guess that's why. Just feeling a little frustrated about it. I'll put her on the potty but she doesn't do anything and then goes in her diaper a few minutes later. She's not giving any signals when she goes. I still am having trouble figuring out her signals. I usually take her after waking, and when she is fussing. Any tips?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Re: Bad EC day :(

I still can't figure out signals for pee and we've been going for months. For poop I can tell by his face, but he hasn't responded to any of the signing that I'm doing.

We have good days and off days. I count any poops in the potty as a success, even if we miss everything else.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
At times like that, I just stop offering as many potty opps and just rely on diapers until she gets less fussy and I get less frustrated. I stick to the more guaranteed happy potty times like immediately after waking from overnight or naps and aside from that just wait it out. I am a part timer though.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Today is going much better. No misses yet. It's also not as hot and she's not as cranky and since it's the week we're more on a routine than the weekends.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
chakakhanchakakhan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never got the pee, but always got poop. Pee is less obvious. IT depends on liquid intake.
Its okay. Its fun to get it all right away after nap and in the morning. Even just that teaches them awareness, which is waht you are really going for. Awareness and at hte same time, the hand signs to give them a way to communicate hte feeling of excreting.
chakakhanchakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
Kcm1535
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm also relying primarily on timing with my 4.5mo old. I have spent lots of time looking for cues, but much of the time he just doesn't give any (at least not that I can recognize). I just try to remind myself when I get frustrated that even those catches based on timing mean another diaper saved .. and offer us great opportunities to bond!
Kcm1535 is offline   Reply With Quote