Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Help with poo

My 8-week old DD has the squirts all day long (always has) which makes it impossible to EC poo. We certainly aren't saving diapers even though we catch most pees. And rarely do I get her to squirt on the pot - although she goes a lot while I wipe/pat her clean (which makes for a very frustrating and never ending diaper change). I want her to be diaper free but it just isn't feasible when she is squirting poo all the time. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Advertisement

Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Kqd3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help with poo

I'm no expert, but my intuition says she has a food sensitivity. If you are bfing you might carefully consider possible allergens in your diet.
Kqd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help with poo

My advice is to relax and just focus on what you can catch. For most people their babies aren't truly free of diapers until around a year old. EC isn't all or nothing. You can just do it part time if it's overwhelming. You just want to keep her aware of her elimination. Try leaving her diaperless on a prefold or change pad and when she goes, make your cueing sound and talk to her about it "Oh, you're pooping" and then change the pad. If you're catching most of her pees that's great! That's usually harder to do. Put her in diapers that allow her to feel wet and change her right away so she doesn't get used to being in a dirty diaper. Doing those things are important parts of EC too. Usually babies stop pooping so frequently around a month old. I'd wait another few weeks and if she is still pooping frequently, you could try eliminating things from your diet.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kqd3
I'm no expert, but my intuition says she has a food sensitivity. If you are bfing you might carefully consider possible allergens in your diet.
So does mine. I had been off of dairy and pork since her birth, then soy and nuts, and just excluded wheat, eggs and corn last weekend. With the last exclusions it was like her poop changed overnight! It's less frequent now, with larger amounts, and it is less like egg drop soup and more like honey mustard . Now I am getting to pay attention to her poop signals, which still involve lots of crying. She had some HUGE poops yesterday that would have been very exciting to catch. Something to look forward to...
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote