Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Registered Users
Location: Glad to be back in th PNW :) Allyn Wa to be exact!!
My Mood:
Emily June's birth story!

Since E is actually asleep in the bouncer and I have a moment to get on the actual computer I thought I would tell you all about E's chaotic birth .

It all sorta started around 6ish pm on July 2nd. I started feeling just like I had for the past 3 or so nights. Cx every 10min and then they would start to go away. We had some errands to run so we headed to town. Dh got a wild hair up his rear and decided to take the kids to Chuckie Cheese at 7 . By this time the cx had pretty much disappeared. I was bummed but figured it was going to happen anyway. We got home around 8:30 and as i was getting the kids ready for bed they started up again. At that point I knew it was for real but didn't want to tell DH yet bc he was already freaking out, lol. Plus the were around 10-12min apart so it wasn't time time. Around 11 they started in at aorund 7min apart and DH said enough with this we are gong in, lol. After our babysitter got here and we got to the hospital it was 12:30. Everything was pretty calm until the doctor came in to the triage room to check me out. I got double check which was super fun, NOT (one guy was a student so I was being nice). The first guy didn't say anything but had a wierd look on his face. Then the doc checked and said "um, well your 5 with a protruding bag of water " The awesome ting about that though is I didn't get checked after that bc they didn't want to break it . I was admitted at 1am and things got crazy. I progressed super fast. I had thought I didn't want an epi, then active labour started and I completely chickened out, lol. I now now I do NOT have any kind of pain tolerance and I bow to any women who does drug free births. The only problem was the anesthesiologist was as slow as a dang snail. While we were waiting E ended up not liking things and they were trying everything to get her heartbeat to stay up. Last resort was them breaking my water and me hopefully delivering quickly after. Though when the broke it she went back up in the birth canal (little turd) but her heartbeat was much much better. After the army of doctors an nurses left the anesthesiologist FINALLY moseyed his little booty in. By this point I felt like I was DYING and table may or may not have been punched to redirect my energy, lol! Though at this point it is way to late for an epi. I was able to get a spinal block though. THen they let me "labour down" and relax so E could move herself back down. Oh and of course the spinal worked every where BUT my freaking lady parts but the break from the every 2min cx was nice. At around 4am I was feeling some intense pressure and it was time to push. all I can say about that is I scared the **** out out of my husband. Apparently I am a screamer and said some pretty vulgar things that may or may not of included "get her the F out of me!!" What one does in pain !! After 12 mins of pushing Emily June was born. She out weighed her brother and sister by 5oz and was 21inches long. So far she is a very good baby. Just kinda going with the flow. She is an excellent nurser and sleeper. J and G are just over the moon in love with her and constantly ask to hold her :love:!

With out further ado here are some pics !

Brother and sister meeting E :love:!

First ride in the ring sling :love:

She looks alot like Grace!

Nikki NAVYwife to Kevin and mommy to Jacob(6/05) and Gracie (11/09)
Baby Emily June (7/12)
nikkilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
My Mood:
Love her!

And love her name

**I do know how to iPod on the other hand does not**
Erica , wife to Ben, momma to Steven11.06 Emily9.10 Matthew 8.13
Forever in my heart, always on my mind (3.09, 5.09, 12.11)
"Life's too short to buy green bananas"
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Emily June's birth story!

She's beautiful! And you do not look like you just gave birth!! Congrats!
Emily, wife to my army man Teddy, loving mother to Cole Rylan 6/26/2010 and Ainsley Willow 7/17/2012.
erkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Awesome story - I love her little blonde hair!
Holly - Former Marine , fun-loving mama to M 11/13/03, J 1/3/07, A 3/30/10, and E 7/3/12
Visit our Etsy shop for fun accessories for mamas, babies, and daddies alike. Nursing necklaces, lovies, and more!
SqueakersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Registered Users

She is gorgeous! Congratulations
Melissa, mama to N 2/07, I 11/09, and my sweet baby boy G 6/12
You're like a party somebody threw me
You taste like Birthday,You look like New Year
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
My Mood:
She is so pretty congrats! I may or may not have had said the same phrase during Kenzie's birth! It's ok. I read that and was like "YES! I'm not the only one!"

I am so happy she is healthy and you both are doing well.
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:
Beautiful baby girl.
Melissa my newbie Paxton Richard. Marine wife to John SAHM to 4 little turkeys
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote