Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Second + children...

Well, I learned from both children. So if we ever have more I know we don't need: a crib, a swing, so many clothes and toys , more than 1-2 bottles since we nurse exclusively, etc.

Really all I think we would need would be:
Clothes, pacis, a bumbo, exersaucer, 2(ish ) baby carriers, car seat, and diapers. Maybe 1-2 bottles for daddy to feed baby and a manual breast pump since I pumped maybe 2x for dh to feed dd, and receiving blankets since my babies like being swaddled.

Maybe a bassinet/ playpen combo. DD liked to sleep in the bassinet part sometimes. And when she was bigger, her and ds liked to play in the playpen.

Advertisement

Last edited by TJR2119; 07-13-2012 at 07:35 AM.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The essential for us consist of:

Naming brands because these have held up well over time. Some things we've used for all three boys.

Gear:
Graco Carseat (we use this as our "bouncy seat" too)
Good quality stroller
Bag (can be any big handbag to store essentials when out and about)
Fisher price cradle swing
Fisher price Jumperoo (entertains baby and we also use this when we are outside and baby can't walk yet. No need to be holding him all the time.)
Tiny Love play mats

Clothes:
Carters onesies Llots and lots. We don't use bibs just change baby's onesie)
Soft cotton pants
Sleepers
Socks
A few hats
A few warm outfits

Feeding:
Medela manual breast pump
One Soothie pacifier (the hospital one)
Two bottles for when out and about
Avent Sterilizer (We also use it to sterilize other kiddie items such as sippys, we don't use a dishwasher wich can serve the same purpose)

Diapering:
Two dozen GMD prefolds and 8 covers, baby wipes, 2 snappis
A&D Ointment
Baby wipes

Baby care:
Baby wash
Bath tub
Lotion
Washcloths, cottonballs, thermometer. Don't reallly use nail clippers or the cotton swabs.
Baby towel
Soft brush
Ibuprofen drops
Herbs for upset tummy, colic, gas

Sleeping:
Crib (naps, putting baby in a safe place when attending to older kids, baby's own personal space)
Crib bedding
A few baby blankets

And probably a few other things I forgot to mention. But we've never used a playpen, bouncy seat, electronic toys for baby which is what you were asking lol!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #33
Covergirl
Registered Users
seller

I'm rereading this old post now that I have DS2 (7 weeks old). I read it to prepare for our new baby. We got a ton of hand-me-downs as well as gifts and bought a few things too for DS1 -- we kept most everything from DS1 and I'm glad we did. You never know what you will truly need because every kid is different, and living situations change.

DS1 never, not once, spit up. DS2, however, is constantly spitting up and being burped. We sometimes go through 3 outfits a day. I can see that we will need lots of onesies and bibs for him.

DS1 was colicky -- we used the swing, the stroller, and the yoga ball daily as soothing tools. DS2 is pretty mellow and sleepy -- only the stroller is in use, and that's for transporting DS1 to daycare and on outings.

I wore DS1 in a few different carriers (BBII, Boba 3G, Peanut Shell pouches) starting @ 2 weeks. I ended up relying mostly on the Beco. We started a bit before 2 weeks with DS2, but this time I started with a stretchy wrap (K'tan) -- it's great to have him so close to me, to be able to do skin to skin while walking around. It's also essential to be hands free with a toddler -- I'm still using the K'tan now but I feel more confident that I can chase after my older son when I use the BBII. I'm waiting on a gauze wrap to carry DS2 in this heat (I'm still pretty intimidated by wraps, can't believe I went ahead and bought it).

We used an Arms Reach Co-sleeper with DS1 and it was perfect. We never used our crib except to hold diapers. This time we have two floors in our home, so downstairs the Co-sleeper is next to the sofa and upstairs the crib is sidecar'd next to our bed.

One thing I never thought I'd need to buy more of are swaddlers. We used them all the time with DS1 until he was @ 3 months old, but the ones we have are too warm for this weather. So I got a couple of thin organic ones by SwaddleMe for DS2 -- they are working great.

So I say if you have the storage, keep everything you can until you're done with having babies!
Covergirl is offline   Reply With Quote