Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #51
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Disney with 2 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwenyi View Post
Soarin' is not a coaster persay. It's like a giant erector set with a movie screen in front of it. You sit in a row (abt 11 people long in each of 3 sections) put on a seatbelt (with a crotch loop for smaller child) and they lift you up. The erector set gently tilts side to side and front to back along with the movie to make it seem like you're actually flying over the terrain. It is my DD's (barely 40") fave ride. It's very gentle. People with a fear of heights or flying will not like it. Pretty much everyone else will.
OK I know what you are talking about. My sister just told me that she had an anxiety attack on this ride. She hates heights. She can do coasters but not ferris wheels type of scared of heights so this was not her go to. I think the boys will like it. I may have height issues with ds2 though he is very small.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
OK I know what you are talking about. My sister just told me that she had an anxiety attack on this ride. She hates heights. She can do coasters but not ferris wheels type of scared of heights so this was not her go to. I think the boys will like it. I may have height issues with ds2 though he is very small.
you are only actually 4-5 feet off the ground, the screen just makes it seem higher. My 4 yr old loved it
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #53
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Ok I am back with a new schedule and want to know your thoughts. We are going to Disneyin DEC Thursday -Monday but I am going to talk dh into leaving and driving the whole way wednesday night and checking in to our hotel wednesday night.

So the new schedule is as follows:

Thursday: Magic Kingdom (am opening)
3 O'clock lunch in downtown @ T-Rex
Head to Hollywood to catch Fantasmic @ 6:30

Friday: Animal Kingdom in the am
Epcot @ night

Saturday: Hollywood for the early am hrs (go straight to Toy Story Mania)
Stay until after 3 o'clock parade
Magic Kingdom @night it is open until 10:30 this night.

Sunday: 10:40 Character Breakfast
7-12 Magic Kingdom Christmas Party

Monday check out and drive home

We want to see each parks night shows
When we are hungry we will eat when we are tired we will rest. Thinking about making reservations at epcot. And then maybe 1 or more sit downs but may do counter. I will also have cereal and maybe bagels in the room some pb and J just in case.
I think that looks good. Keep in mind (and double check because things change!), but you should be able to get into MK at 4 the day of the party. I don't think you can do rides until the party, but you can see any shows, parades or shop. Or plan an early dinner--The Plaza and Tony's Town Square are nice options you can do cheaply.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanree View Post
you are only actually 4-5 feet off the ground, the screen just makes it seem higher. My 4 yr old loved it
If it is anything like the one at Disneyland, the last group is probably about 10ft up, but the other groups are all stacked up on on to of the other so the first grou is actually quite high u. We ask for the last grou for my grandmother that hates heights, but first for us, cause we hate seeing peole's feet above us.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #55
Ally's Fuzzies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanree View Post
I know that you are trying to help, but I am all about accurate information. I was told by a Cast Member that those on the top row(front when you get on) are about 50 ft off the ground, with the lower rows obviously lower.

Soarin' is one of my favourite rides - I wish they would bottle the orange grove scent and sell it.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #56
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WE BOOKED OUR TRIP!!!!!!!!

I am so excited we are going different days then originally planned but we are super excited!

We are still going in DEC and still doing disney christmas. We also got preffered fantasmic seating with our restaurant reservation, character breakfast and T-Rex restaurant!

I love how the website has a countdown until or vacation! I pretty much have the schedule taking care of and I will put on the musts and bonuses of each park. My dh is chilled and layed back and we are going to do the best we can to not freak out on the trip--I mean me not get to hyper bc that is my nature

Dh has already told me several times if we mess something up we mess something up and we learn next time. Lets just go take it in and see what our wants and needs are for next time. TRANSLATION__WE ARE GOING AGAIN!!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #57
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan View Post
I know that you are trying to help, but I am all about accurate information. I was told by a Cast Member that those on the top row(front when you get on) are about 50 ft off the ground, with the lower rows obviously lower.

Soarin' is one of my favourite rides - I wish they would bottle the orange grove scent and sell it.
That information sounds more like it.

Also please excuse my other posts, my keyboard is dying and I am loosing my "P's".
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote