Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Christmas Crafting Ideas?

I am getting started with my end of the year sewing today! I say "end of the year" sewing instead of Christmas, because it also include birthdays...which start next week. I have a niece and nephew who's birthday party (combined) is next week. Then my parents birthday and my SIL are all three in August. September is DD3's birthday, October is when baby boy will arrive and I have another niece and another nephew with birthdays in October too. November is DD2's birthday, and we host Thanksgiving. Then in addition to DD1's birthday in December, there's my birthday, my brother's birthday and my BIL's birthday. Plus, all those nieces and nephews as well as one more will need Christmas gifts.

My niece is getting a twirly skirt for her birthday next week, I am still working on what to do for my nephew. My youngest is getting a taggie blanket/lovie and taggie pillow set for her birthday. My other niece in October is going to be 12 and has an ipod touch so she will be getting a cute little carry purse for that. My nephew in October will be 13 so I think he's just getting a gift card. His birthday will be after the baby arrives and I don't think I can manage to come up with something...plus 13 yr old boys are hard to sew for. DD2 will be getting probably one of those crayon and color book case things for her birthday. DD1 will probably get a similar carry purse as my niece for her iphone that she will be getting for Christmas (b-day after Chirstmas)

Then for Christmas, my brother's three kids will all be getting a set of PJs, with a matching overnight bag and pillow because they travel all over the place for overnight babysitting because both my brother and my SIL work nights. My sister's kids I am not sure about but I think they might get a scarf and hat set I saw in a Family Fun mag last year. My kids are all probably going to get some matching stockings, since we just have a jumbled mish mash.

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last year, I made fabric gift bags. We were 100% paper free! I will have to make some more to our collection and for gifts. (I gave out cookie mixes in jars last year in gift bags I made to about 20 people)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
HollyS
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm making mug rugs. So far I have 7 completely finished and 2 that need binding. I'm hoping to have 30 or so by December.
HollyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
frenchminer
Registered Users

I like the car trash bag idea. I need to make one for my own trash-filled car!
frenchminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so making those a-frame tents. So cute and easy to store!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm making tams for my aunts and I want to finish (read start) my daughters fleece blanket that I bought for her before she was born.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gotta get started myself. We've got to go low-expense this year, so I know that will be meaning crafty!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I ALWAYS have too many projects on my to-do list for Christmas gifts, but this year I'm seriously going to choose only those that can be completed in one setting - LOL. At Christmas, our youngest will be 8 months old + a 3 year old, 5 year old and 8 year old ...

I figure dh can do the a-frame tents at his parents' home and then we'll store them over there ... otherwise, I don't know how/when we'd get them finished! I'm starting to make a list of who we will be gifting and then matching up ideas ... so far I've come up with:

our children
~ a-frame tents
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322392343/
~ cute for in their stockings:
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322322573/
~ a family 'go fish' or matching game
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444321571507/
~ scrapbook or photo book "Highlights of 2012" - for sake of time & surprise, i'll probably make them online at shutterfly

grandparents
~ something photo-related...still narrowing it down

godparents
~ a handmade gift from each of our children to their Godparents
maybe this footprint creche:
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322450117/

teachers/principal/bus driver
~ maybe this "Ice Cream Sundae Bar" gift set
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322450136/

mailman
~ gift card attached to a reindeer covered candybar:
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322366407/

godchildren
~ gift card attached to a reindeer covered candybar:
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322366407/

for bil who in the airforce & won't be home for Christmas
~ this balloon box (add notes, money to balloons & blow them up & tie, then fill a medium/large box with the balloons!)
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322450082/

dh's work
~ platter of homemade goodies: cookies, caramels, etc. to share in the break room

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!

Last edited by jennyb; 07-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
charirosey
Registered Users
seller

This year I'm making a batch of vanilla extract for some gifts. I found a super deal with a coop on FB for the beans and bottles. I'll get the order by mid August which is the perfect amount of time to make it. Who can't use a bottle of great extract??
charirosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I made my list of Kids' Christmas gifts to make just last month. I won't go into too much detail, but here is the jist:

Last year I sewed felt fishing games for my neices and nephews (11 of them) and my own kids and added in a "Gone Fishin'" Cd Mix and a blue felt pond to dump out their fish on (to use their poles with). It was great because it was gender neutral. I sat around and sewed 145 felt fish with paper clips attached and strung 18 dowel rods for the poles. And the fishing songs just added a bit extra.
-For the babies; I sewed soft baby blocks with textured fabric

For boys' birthdays (it seems all my nephews are born around Christmas!), I sewed felt playmats. (farm, race track, and train tracks for different ones). For the race track ones, I added in a 97cent hot wheel to go with it. I put a pocket in the back with a ribbon to tie it up with, when not in use.
For girls' birthdays: I sewed felt food.

This Christmas year for neices and nephews, I'm sewing themed pillowcases for each child and then buying a DVD about the theme for the family. Example: 3 of my neices (all sisters, thank goodness) LOVE horses. So I bought horse material for pillowcases and the movie "Spirit". I'll add in some popcorn and a movie snack too. Other themes are Baseball, the Farm.
-For my brood: felt puppets and sewing superman capes
For the baby neices and nephews, I'm sewing some more bibs and frayed burpclothes.

For boys' birthdays, I'm sewing dinosaur felt playmats this year. I found $1 dinosaurs (a pkg of 5 or 6) at the dollar tree to wrap up with it. The playmat will have volcanos on it and other things.
For girls': ages are starting to vary stuff, but mostly more felt food, purses with some money inside.

For Friends' Kids that we exchange gifts with: A discounted book (yay halfpriced books!) with a felt hand puppet that goes along with the story.
For friend's who have a lot of kids; we do a themed movie night box with a $5 dvd, popcorn bags, homemade santa mix or carmel popcorn, and hot chocolate packs.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote