Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SAHM going back to school. I don't know where to put this.

I am a student mama going for my RN (not in the nursing program yet, but soon!). I LOVE online classes. I took 12 hours last semester with 2 toddlers running around and was just fine. In the mornings I would set them up with a movie while I got things started and then I would get as much as I could done during nap time. Usually I got everything done but if there was something I was struggling with and really needed to focus, I would wait until DH got home or call my mom or MIL to take the kids for a few hours. Most weeks I had all 4 classes finished up within 2-3 days and could even work ahead. If you have 2 days a week where you are child free, that is awesome and will make a huge difference! I know all colleges are different and everyone has their own learning style, but from my experience, online with children around CAN be done.

If your college is like mine, you can view the class work and weekly schedules online about a week before classes start. If it looks like too much, you can always drop one or two and wait another semester. I understand wanting to get done but what is one semester in the grand scheme of things? You'll have to decide if finishing sooner is worth the stress. It also depends on your skill level in certain classes. Personally, I could never do College Algebra and Chemistry in one semester. Those are my 2 least favorite subjects and both require a lot of time, prayer, and patience to get through.

Advertisement

Solomon's Mama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
Advance Placement tests.

Same as CLEP tests, where you test out and don't actually have to take the class.

Commonly used for English and Mathematics classes, but generally available for tons of things including Chemistry, etc.
I may be able to do that. I am fairly decent in algebra and chem...hmmm. Thanks!!
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg2043
Things are supposed to just go on as normal with no inconvenience to them?

Evidently...

I make no more money after this degree so he thinks it is pointless.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote