Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
MissAlys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: EC just for poop?

We started with poops right before 6 months old IIRC. They were easier to catch. DS caught on so quick though, and was holding pee for the potty within a week or two. As far as potty chairs go, we have both styles. The smaller Baby Bjorn with the removable insert and a munchkin seat for the big potty that's suggested for 12+ months. I like them both for different reasons, honestly. The Munchkin seat is cleaner & easier to take along to grandma's or on vacation. It also requires no clean up but I have to sit right there with DS to ensure he doesn't topple over on his head. The Baby Bjorn needs to be cleaned out, but it isn't that bad. I just fill it in the sink & dump it in the toilet. Sometimes it requires a little wipe out. DS can get off this potty by himself which is good & bad. I can leave him there to grab a new diaper, use the potty myself, or whatever (he often uses the potty better while alone in there - must be a boy thing ) but if he is in a "go go go" mood, yes, he often crawls off without conducting any business. Those days I just put a new diaper on & let him go. We're pretty casual ECers around here

Advertisement

MissAlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
amberartall
Registered Users
seller

Yes! But for us that's just not gonna happen I guess? lol Our LO will pee but we have never cought a poo. We used to be able to tell when she had to poo with the grunting, squirming, etc. But now she just seems perfectly normal, then she will start crying for a new diaper and there will be poo!
amberartall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:

glad i found this group... we have been doing a very lax (and accidental!) form of EC for about a month now, catching almost every poop at home with the Elmo ring on the toilet. now i'd like to get a grasp on the peeing... lol
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

We sometimes catch a pee (we offer at diaper changes), but catch almost every poop. It's just easier to know when he needs to poo. We started using a seat on the actual potty around 6 months. We have the prince lionheart toilet seat and love it! It's cushy, the hole isn't too big for a baby, it has a little back support for younger babies and a nice high splashguard (great for our baby boy). It's nice to not have to hold him over the toilet, he'll sit longer because he feels secure. We have a folding chair in front of the toilet for us to sit and supervise.
sweetpeapumpkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I don't normally post here because I don't really do EC...but I noticed the title of this thread from the main page and it caught my attention. With my first baby in 2006, I did only poop EC and it just happened. She was crawling around on the floor (around 8 months) and I saw "the face" for when she poops. I had a quick thought run through my mind...I grabbed her, took off her diaper, and stuck her on the toilet. I caught the entire poop (it was A LOT!) on the toilet and I was amazed at the convenience and how much less messy it was. I was convinced a diaper couldn't have held all of it.
It became a game for me to catch all her poops on the toilet and it just became easy, and she became predictable. First thing in the morning after her oatmeal, I'd stick her on the toilet, and she'd poop. She did this once a day...and hardly ever at different times. I know this seems so rare but it worked for us, and she was "poop trained" from that age. At age 15 months, she walked up to me, patted her bottom, and said "poopoo"...and I took her to the toilet and she went. From then on, she only pooped on the toilet. She wasn't pee trained til 2.5!! LOL

Last edited by mariamommy; 06-22-2012 at 01:33 PM.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #16
chakakhanchakakhan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we started with just poop but pee would just come int eh morning. ...so wy not teach that too. Just go nuts with teaching the hand sign for poop right beofre picking htem up and rushing to the toilet and show that sign over and over while saying poopoo. I used hte hand sign of a closed fist shaking left right left right. Poo poo
both my boys started at about the time they could sit up and by 12months were telling me when they had to poop with hand signs if they couldn't say it.
JUSt do it girl!
Good LUck
chakakhanchakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #17
Kcm1535
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't know why but my LO got pooping in the toilet much faster than peeing. Perhaps they don't like sitting in it any more than we like cleaning it up!
Kcm1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #18
RosieL
Registered Users
seller

I'm an accidental ECer I guess. I pooped my 14 weeker over a prefold on the changing table when he started to poop during a change one day. Ever since then, if I offer a poop over a prefolds holding his thighs with his back on my chest, he almos always poops a little. I doubt I'll start trying to catch pees, but I'm going to start to try to cath more loops. I find it hilarious when LO starts to grunt when I get him into position.
RosieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #19
kspenn
Registered Users

We catch most poops, but we're hit & miss with pees. It's so great not to have to scrape the poop off her bum, and she's so happy after going in her Bjorn!
kspenn is offline   Reply With Quote