Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
breefawn's Avatar
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,894
My Mood:
My DS loves just about anything with vanilla or plain yogurt. Some faves: mango/blueberry/vanilla, spinach/peach/plain, raspberry/sunbutter/plain...you can add milk or water to thin DS isn't a huge sweet person either, and we are a non-peanut, non-dairy house for ratios, about 6 oz yogurt and a cup of produce, tbsp for nutbutters.

Advertisement

__________________
Proud blogger, health nut, and wife to my high school sweetheart, J , WAHM to C (8/2010), battling Severe Aplastic Anemia & H (6/2014) AND...I LOVE my Young Living Essential Oils. Ask me about them !
breefawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by breefawn
My DS loves just about anything with vanilla or plain yogurt. Some faves: mango/blueberry/vanilla, spinach/peach/plain, raspberry/sunbutter/plain...you can add milk or water to thin DS isn't a huge sweet person either, and we are a non-peanut, non-dairy house for ratios, about 6 oz yogurt and a cup of produce, tbsp for nutbutters.
That's great. We might try these next week I'll pick up some more wow butter, or oil and make sunflower seed butter.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #13
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
I just made one with a splash of milk, 2 banana's, 3 tbs of Wowbutter, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, and 10 ice cubes. She loves it.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
mamma_z
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 146
I usually use 1 c. frozen berries, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, and add juice to thin it to the desired consistency. I would like to try adding spinach, but my blender isn't fancy so I'm afraid it would taste/feel icky...
mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_z
I usually use 1 c. frozen berries, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, and add juice to thin it to the desired consistency. I would like to try adding spinach, but my blender isn't fancy so I'm afraid it would taste/feel icky...
I'm going to try that next time. We got frozen berries at Walmart the other day for smoothies.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
breefawn's Avatar
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,894
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_z
I usually use 1 c. frozen berries, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, and add juice to thin it to the desired consistency. I would like to try adding spinach, but my blender isn't fancy so I'm afraid it would taste/feel icky...
If you pull the stems and add the spinach last it should be awesome that way there's plenty of liquid to help it move around so it can get teeny tiny
__________________
Proud blogger, health nut, and wife to my high school sweetheart, J , WAHM to C (8/2010), battling Severe Aplastic Anemia & H (6/2014) AND...I LOVE my Young Living Essential Oils. Ask me about them !
breefawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
2queens&1princenmyhouse's Avatar
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 4,560
My Mood:
Re: Smoothies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I just made one with a splash of milk, 2 banana's, 3 tbs of Wowbutter, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, and 10 ice cubes. She loves it.
You could freeze the bananas so you don't have to use ice. I'm sure it's personal preference, but I don't like ice as I think it waters the flavors down.
__________________
Kristin, wife to Dan (16 years) , mom to Abby (14)
Emma (12) and Owen (7)
I cd my daycare kids! That's why I still hang out here!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse

You could freeze the bananas so you don't have to use ice. I'm sure it's personal preference, but I don't like ice as I think it waters the flavors down.
Yeah we used ice today because I had a banana going bad in the fridge.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.