Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

Phil & Ted doubles stroller questions

New questions: Does the kid in back ever complain about not being able to see? Can you stand normally and push the stroller with the doubles kit on the back or do you have to bend at the waist or hold your arms way out in front to push it (or alter your stride) with the kit on?

I'm thinking about getting a Phil & Ted explorer stroller with the doubles kit. It's on Craigslist in my parents' home town and no one here carries them so I can't try it out in person, unfortunately. I've only had a single jogger stroller (Baby Trend) before and I'd like something that's pretty close in terms of how easy it is to push. I was going to get a Sit & Stand stroller but it's so much more difficult to push than my jogger (even the jogger with both kids sitting it in) that I don't like it much.

Has anyone owned or tried both a single jogger and a Phil & Ted stroller? If so, was the Phil & Ted much more difficult to push than the jogger?

Advertisement

Last edited by caedmyn; 07-19-2012 at 07:35 PM.
caedmyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Anniee19
Registered Users
seller

I used to have a Mountain Buggy and sold it to get a Phil and Teds Explorer. I only have 1 child now but sometimes use the doubles kit with mu nephew and friends' toddlers. Obviously it is harder to push when it has 2 kids but its still very easy and turns very well. I like the features of it better than the Mountain Buggy and would highly recommend it as a double stroller!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine is almost as smooth a ride as my jogger. My P&T explorer handles bumps and grass well, and can be pushed with one hand on pavement. I usually have a combined 50 lbs of kids in it.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I've had both. I prefer the p&t hands down. Easy to push even with the doubles kit. Only downfall is that you really lose the storage if you have a double seat on.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: anyone used both a jogger & Phil & Ted stroller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniee19 View Post
I used to have a Mountain Buggy and sold it to get a Phil and Teds Explorer. I only have 1 child now but sometimes use the doubles kit with mu nephew and friends' toddlers. Obviously it is harder to push when it has 2 kids but its still very easy and turns very well. I like the features of it better than the Mountain Buggy and would highly recommend it as a double stroller!
Mountain Buggy and Phil and Teds were both designed and made here and the funny thing is most NZ Mums like Mountain Buggy's better.
I have a Phil and Teds Explorer with the doubles kit and have had one for nearly 5 years now. I love it.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

How hard is it to attach the doubles kit? Do you have to take it off to fold up the stroller? Also wondering if the kid in the back ever complains about not being able to see.

Last edited by caedmyn; 07-19-2012 at 07:07 PM.
caedmyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Phil & Ted doubles stroller questions

bump for new questions
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
How hard is it to attach the doubles kit? Do you have to take it off to fold up the stroller? Also wondering if the kid in the back ever complains about not being able to see.
I had a P&T Sport and sold it since by the time this baby is born DS2 will be 3. The kid and the back can see from the side. My boys would fight about who could sit there at times...then would fight about who sat in the front Its pretty easy to take the doubles kit off (buttons to push on either side and slide seat off) to close the stroller fully, but it will close with it on..just not compactly.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love my P&T. we usually have 80lbs of kids in it, sometimes more if i have a third sit on the front lol. the one in the back doesnt complain, they like the back more. i dont fold mine, im not even sure i remember how it fits in the back of my van unfolded so i just lift it in. i cant run with the doubles kit on though. i kick the seat. but its easy to run with as a single
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Love our Phil and Ted. No one complains about seeing from the double because they can see out the side. It's easy to push with one kid or two, I even push one handed at times. DH jogs with both kids in it and never had any issues. I think DH removes the double for folding, but it's really easy to attach and remove.