Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: hiding/saving food

wow, very interesting thread. I don't think mine really do that yet, at least not much, (they'll tell me if they do "sneak" something, lol, either that or they'll do it right in front of me) but I really like the idea of having a cupboard just for them for their snacks. Will have to keep that in mind... my LO's would love it

Advertisement

mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
emerino
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386
i must be doing something wrong bc 2 of mine are hiders/sneakers of foodfirst of all we do 3 meals and 2 snacks a day but the kids can always have something (healthy) at other times. we dont make them finishe everything on their plate, dont typically do "dessert" (never as a reward for eating) and we usually have some fun snacks in the house(chips, popcorn, fruit bars, etc) the 4 year old will sneak food during naptime and at night and hide it in her room. usually its the junk stuff(she ate 1/2 a bag of semi sweet choco chis yesterday during nap ) nothing is safe, she got chips off the top of the fridge today the 2 year old saves food. like lastnight he ate 1/2 his chicken sandwich and stuck the other part in a bag. i didnt know til he pulled it out at bedtime he also had crackers in his pockets the other day. i dont know what to do, they eat all day as it is??? i cant feed them more and i have no clue where they are getting this any ideas?
I LOLed at the bolded! I used to get under the kitchen table with the sugar jar and a spoon. I was around 5. I still have a pretty good sweet tooth

This is an interesting thread. I was going to say maybe try discipline when they sneak food, but if they're doing it bc of all the changes, that's a different story. My kids snuck food (the junk kind) when they were 2 and 3 when mommy and daddy slept later than them. We would discipline them for it and they learned not to get food without asking.

We also have a snack drawer. They have to ask before getting a snack, unless its 10am or after quiet time, then they know it's ok. They also know when they are allowed a healthy snack and when they can have a "treat".
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When DD1 was 3 we found her in her closet with a bag of brown sugar and a spoon. I think it's just that they can control what they have. I think sweets are the usual "sneak" food since as parents we limit them. Hmmm, maybe I should be limiting broccoli instead.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #14
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmama2 View Post
When DD1 was 3 we found her in her closet with a bag of brown sugar and a spoon. I think it's just that they can control what they have. I think sweets are the usual "sneak" food since as parents we limit them. Hmmm, maybe I should be limiting broccoli instead.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote