Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else getting burned out?

I'm really not motivated to work and go home to cook and clean. I need a break!

Advertisement

keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Yes, and I've only been a working mom for three weeks! It's hard. I feel like I have no time. I want to give all of my free time to my daughter, but then nothing gets done.

I'm trying to find a balance.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
flynnsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else getting burned out?

So burnt out. Luckily I am a teacher and it is summer. Work is just grueling though when trying to keep up a household and spend quality time with your family.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is me! I tell my husband i'm so burnt out and i need a break. it just makes me feel selfish because i don't see my daughter all day. Sometimes i just need me time. he's a golfer so every weekend he gets a solid 4-5 hours of me time on the golf course then for a drink with the guys after. i just need the same refresher once and a while! its like 2 full time jobs!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh me me me!! I feel exactly the same way! I love my job and I enjoy working...but sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all my responsibilities at home too! My dh isn't nearly as much help as I'd like because he has his own full plate. Some days things just don't get done...like right now there is a sinkful of dishes to be washed and none of the beds got made.

I try to be organized...but I REALLY have to work at it...which exhausts me even more! I desperately need to do some menu plans again so my even can be somewhat balanced.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

Yep. And I'm just about to be done with 7 weeks of maternity leave. I didn't get a chance to catch up on the projects I've been working on for the last two years just getting the house back to really clean and the kids taken care of. Can't wait to have everything start piling up again. We hired a nanny who said she'd do light housecleaning but dh doesn't think it's fair to ask her to do anything that's not for the kids. I would have loved having her do the dishes and vacuum and mop the floors (both of which she said she was fine with once a week!).
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
sweetsunrise
Registered Users
seller

ME! It makes me wish I was a SAHM One day hopefully! I just do one day at time though, literally If I'm set for the next day, I'm happy.
sweetsunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Yes. I have only been a working mama again for a couple of week, but I'm struggling. I'm working 6 day weeks, and dd wants to nurse for hours when I come home. I let her out of guilt, but I'm feeling kind of suffocated. Then, I spend the rest of the time with the big kid, playing 5yo boy games. I haven't put laundry up since I started to work. I'm completely overwhelmed.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been living this for the past six years. I highly recommend getting a cleaner to do a deep, thorough clean once a week (I like Fridays so I can enjoy my clean house all weekend)! My DH smokes, so I told him that my cleaner cost less than his smoking so unless he wants to cut both out of the budget, we're keeping her. It's my only indulgence!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think my problem is that I never seemed to catch a break at all. I started working full time straight after college, had my son within a year, got our own home and added 60 miles a day to my commute. Now I'm 20 weeks pregnant and it's just getting to me!

I hardly have time to go out and hang with friends or do anything on my own because DH works nights while I work days.

I'm starting to feel mentally and physically drained. And it stinks when work is slow (which is my time to be on DS) because there's so much I could be doing at home!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote