Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #81
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife
Just wanted to thank everyone for all their advice and mainly support.

My husband just called a few minutes ago, and said, "so, I've been thinking about it all day. If its something you really don't went done, you have my support. I don't want to fight about this anymore."
Great news!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #82
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this has been discussed a million times-final update#75.

Awesome!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #83
sarchamar
Registered Users
seller

Re: I know this has been discussed a million times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post

My husband just called a few minutes ago, and said, "so, I've been thinking about it all day. If its something you really don't went done, you have my support. I don't want to fight about this anymore."
So glad to hear this! I'm sure it's a huge weight off your shoulders to have this resolved. And good for your DH too.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #84
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

This is great, but also a little sad. I hate ending arguments with that, "I don't want to fight about this anymore." It's not really a conclusion we can snuggle up to later. I hope that you both end up feeling good about this someday.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #85
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc
This is great, but also a little sad. I hate ending arguments with that, "I don't want to fight about this anymore." It's not really a conclusion we can snuggle up to later. I hope that you both end up feeling good about this someday.
Agree happy for op's son, a little sad for op.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using DS Forum
Old 07-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #86
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996
I didn't read through all of the responses. Both of my sons are circ'd and I can only post this to "help". My husband and I tend to get into emotional arguments over things that concern the kids. It is almost like he feels like I always think my way is right (which I usually do..lol). So my best advice would be to send him an email when you are not mad. Link him to all of your information. Tell him you don't want to make a decision about something so important without him supporting you because that is what spouses do. Tell him to watch the videos of it being done, read everything, (if you are Christian) pray about it. Then revisit it later when you have had a chance to cool off. This is a touchy subject I think for both mom and dad.

In the end, you are the mother and you don't have to consent to the procedure but I would never go that route unless it was my very last option.
She isn't "mad" she just knows it isn't right to cut her son "just because". Moms are typically the ones who do the most research and dads who are circ'd usually only want it done b/c they are and that is all they know. I don't buy the statement that dads should make the decision b/c they have a penis. It is more than that, especially a decision that can't be undone. Which is why more people are choosing to let the boy with the penis decide.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #87
Angel89411
Banned

Okay, we circ'd our boys and I am enraged at a doctor saying there are no cons. I am angry at your husband for refusing to have an intelligent, reasonable and informed discussion about this. We decided circ was the right choice for our boys. But we discussed it and did research, looking at info from both sides.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #88
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I'm glad for your baby!!!! Hopefully your DH will open his eyes to why it's so important to you...
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #89
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this has been discussed a million times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post

YAY!
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote