Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Measuring behind... could the baby still be okay?

So... I went in at 7 weeks 6 days [a week before my viability scan] because I was cramping a LOT. The doctor did a transvaginal US and saw only a fetal pole inside of a 6 week sac. He told me since I had taken a pregnancy test on the 18th of June and gotten my BFP [this scan was on July 11th] that it was unlikely my baby would make it, but to come back for my other scan as we had scheduled before scheduling a D&C.

Fast forward a week. I go in for my scan, OBVIOUSLY expecting the worse. He starts the ultrasound... and I see a flicker. He tells me there is a heartbeat and he cannot believe it. He said that I must have gotten pregnant later than I though, but cannot explain the fact that I know my O date and the fact that I got a positive pregnancy test over 4 weeks ago.

Has ANYONE else had this happen? If so, what happened? I am of course praying for a miracle, but I have lost so many babies that it's hard. I go back on 8/2 and I am also waiting on some blood tests.

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Measuring behind... could the baby still be okay?

I had lots of cframping this time & went in at 6 weeks & I was good no blood tho. So suspect trying to miscarry but baby stayed. I got heartbeat then & not yet 10 weeks & got the heart beat at regular exxam.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
I had lots of cframping this time & went in at 6 weeks & I was good no blood tho. So suspect trying to miscarry but baby stayed. I got heartbeat then & not yet 10 weeks & got the heart beat at regular exxam.

I forgot to finish... my second at 30 to 33 weeks was behind & was ok but that's only part I remember. I am on #3.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Me! Something very similiar. The sac measured a week smaller than it should. Next ultrasound it measured spot on. With my bean
Old 07-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
hollyecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a good friend who had something similar happen. Her baby measured a few weeks behind her uterus in size. It's like her body thought it was preggo before she was actually preggo. They went to do a d&c and by fluke found a heartbeat! Thank God they checked! Her baby is a almost 18 months now. Strange things happen all the time in pregnancy. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Pray a lot too!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have read so many stories that started like this then the baby was fine. Early ultrasounds seem to cause more stress than anything else I agree with praying! Pray and wait, I wouldn't write this little one off! I so hope this one stays for you momma, have been thinking about you with the July mommas having babies.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
I have read so many stories that started like this then the baby was fine. Early ultrasounds seem to cause more stress than anything else I agree with praying! Pray and wait, I wouldn't write this little one off! I so hope this one stays for you momma, have been thinking about you with the July mommas having babies.
Thank you. Crazy to think my baby was due yesterday and I have lost another one since I lost that one.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
sarchamar
Registered Users
seller

Do you have a retroverted uterus, by any chance? Lots of things can interfere with visualizing and measuring the sac and fetal pole this early, but I know that's a big one.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

My babies measure behind and have a later than expected heartbeat (around 8 weeks), but by 11 or 13 weeks they measure ahead and stay ahead.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarchamar View Post
Do you have a retroverted uterus, by any chance? Lots of things can interfere with visualizing and measuring the sac and fetal pole this early, but I know that's a big one.
I was going to point this out too. I have heard of a few ladies that have measured behind like you have for their first few months. Often they can't even find a baby on early ultrasounds. As the pregnancy progresses, the ability to see the baby and measure it normally increases and eventually they measure right on.