Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did anyone cloth diaper twins?

No twins, but I CDed our triplets until about 2.5; the main thing was just staying on top of the laundry and I definitely wasn't above an emergency supply of disposables for emergencies or mental breakdown days It was way easier than I ever expected; our stash was all pockets and AIOs. I just used a lidded rubbermaid trash can for used diapers and washed every 1-2 days.

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplet-momma View Post
No twins, but I CDed our triplets until about 2.5; the main thing was just staying on top of the laundry and I definitely wasn't above an emergency supply of disposables for emergencies or mental breakdown days It was way easier than I ever expected; our stash was all pockets and AIOs. I just used a lidded rubbermaid trash can for used diapers and washed every 1-2 days.
another set of triplets!! . This gives me confidence! I CAN DO THIS! lol. btw do you have a link to the rubbermaid trash can you are using? I bought a diaper genie (or is it diaper champ?) used from craigslist for $10 but I want to change. For starters its hard to properly clean so I want something I can sanitize easier.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #23
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

We used a PlanetWise XL hanging wet/dry bag hanging right on our changing table. No need for a trash can or diaper genie. Just toss the whole right right in the wash.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I did. We used a really big wet bag that I got on FSOT when they were first born. Washed every other day. They PL at age 2.5 and it was a breeze! The important thing is to try not to get too backed up on diaper laundry because it sucks having to wash 4 loads of diapers at a time lol
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #25
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

No twins here but I am CDering 3 under 3 so that should count for something
My stash is SIMPLE but easy. I have about 40 one-size pockets, 50 or so bamboo flat inserts and 6 Happy Heinys Hemp Stuffins for nights. I wash every other day.

ETA - When I was just Cdering one I had about 80 - 100 diapers but things got to be too much for me so I got rid of everything but the pockets.

Last edited by mg5g; 07-29-2012 at 11:46 PM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
Omywehav3
Registered Users

I have 18 elementals which need to be washed every night for my 5 month old twins. We need more.
Omywehav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
Omywehav3
Registered Users

We used one size up to 3 months and had about 40 washing every other day with disposables at night from 2-3.5 months. They kept them drier so I could sleep through feedings without changing them.
Omywehav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #28
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did, with a two year old as well (3 in cloth for a very short time). It was surprisingly easy. Our stash started with pockets, but we ended up switching to AIO's and AI2's as I was too lazy to stuff. I did one load a day, which forced me to stay up with the other laundry in the house too.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #29
SallyLoudmouth
Registered Users

We are just getting started with CDing our 3m old twins. I EBF, mostly tandem and I love it!
SallyLoudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
March
Registered Users
seller

Yep, CDing 6 month old twins now and have since birth. Would never do it any other way! Cloth is an outlet for me. We also nurse and they're basically still EBF. One will play with food in the high chair, but I don't think she's gotten anything down yet.

I think I have close to 60 diaper changes. I add diapers here and there so that they don't wear too quickly, but I have what I need. I use a GroVia Perfect Pail because it fits all the dirties well. I use a mix of GroVia (OS AIOs, Hybrids, and their amazing prefolds inside 4.0s) and bumGenius (aforementioned 4.0s, oBGEs, nBGEs, and Freetimes) with four sized FuzziBunz I've had forever that I'm still sentimental about. I CDed my older kids, but my stash for the twins is totally revised. I also newborn CDed them with a stash of newborn AIOs.

Last edited by March; 09-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote