Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Registered Users

How often do you mama's restock your pantry? Do you have a set time or go when your bare?

I've been going every 3 months.

Hippiemamato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Pantry

Meh, whenever stuff is on sale, I'll grab it. That way I never have to shell out $$$ at once to restock.

On stuff that we buy at Costco (like seasonings, flour, etc), the person that uses the container down to where we have 2 weeks or less of product left is responsible for putting it on the Costco list for that week. Or encountering the wrath of this mama when she goes to make taco soup and doesn't have enough seasoning
Nicole; spunky, sassy mama to my two little wild ones: Logan (9-08) and Liam (11-10) and Grayson (12-12)
I blog about the hilarity that comes along with raising my boys!
nicolemariep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
My Mood:

I do more as needed and what is on sale also.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I usually restock during sales- unless its stuff we get from Sam's- flour and such that don't usually go on sales then I do as needed. We only go to Sam's once a month so we keep that in mind while we're there. If we don't have enough to get us through the month then we go ahead and buy.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I also restock as needed/sales. (On occasion I overbuy a few things especially if I get a coupon/sale where the item is free. Franks red hot sauce is a good example.)

I label everything with dates. Then I put the new behind the old. I check every 6 months for expired or about to expired items. Normally if something is going to expire in the next 6 months I put it on special shelf that I use everything there first. I will make meal plans around it. In the past year, I only accidentally let 2 cans of beets expire. (I hate beets! They are were in DS's snack cabinet as he is the one that likes to eat them/requests I buy them.)
Sahm married to a wonderful man who does the dishes with DS 11/18/02 and DD 7/11/11

My Come Swag with me!
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
mel j
Registered Users
My Mood:

When certain things we need are running low we just add it to our grocery list, or make a trip to Costco if there are enough things we need from there that are running low. Like pp's sometimes we'll get stuff that's on sale too even if we have enough.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote