Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #31
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ruby Mamas Chat: July 18-July 25

Norah is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congrats Congrats Congrats Amanda!!!!

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #32
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Ok, bad mom moment. I haven't been doing a particularly good job cleaning around Anna's stump, but it has been getting air and hasn't gotten wet. Just noticed today though (day 5) that it STINKS and it's greenish... I was dabbing around it with alcohol and a q-tip and I think it would come off if encouraged it a bit more, but underneath the stump her belly button still looks fresh and unhealed. What should I do? It's too late to call the ped today, but we have our first appt Wednesday morning.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #33
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
Ok, bad mom moment. I haven't been doing a particularly good job cleaning around Anna's stump, but it has been getting air and hasn't gotten wet. Just noticed today though (day 5) that it STINKS and it's greenish... I was dabbing around it with alcohol and a q-tip and I think it would come off if encouraged it a bit more, but underneath the stump her belly button still looks fresh and unhealed. What should I do? It's too late to call the ped today, but we have our first appt Wednesday morning.
THIS time the nurses at the hospital told me to do nothing to the stump...they change their recommendations often! I don't know that I have any suggestions to help the stink/green (alcohol can't hurt IMO though), but just wanted to you know that you were caring for her cord stump just like my nurses told me to this time around
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #34
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
Have any goldenseal? That's what I use in babies cord instead of alcohol, it dries it up nice and prevents infection.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #35
philenabean
Registered Users

Congrats Amanda!!!

I was also told to do nothing to the stump. In fact, I noticed that some of my PUL covers were rubbing it, and it still healed up just fine. I think you just got unlucky I would use some alcohol and call your ped in the AM. Good luck!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #36
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tomorrow is my due date and I'm still pregnant! I have my 40 week midwife visit today. And good news is I actually got sleep last night and didn't have false labor half the night so I am rested and feeling good. Maybe baby will come on its due date? That would be neat. I feel much better having got a good nights sleep!

How are all you mommas doing today?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #37
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah
Tomorrow is my due date and I'm still pregnant! I have my 40 week midwife visit today. And good news is I actually got sleep last night and didn't have false labor half the night so I am rested and feeling good. Maybe baby will come on its due date? That would be neat. I feel much better having got a good nights sleep!

How are all you mommas doing today?
I am glad you got such a good night's sleep, Tara!

I had contractions yesterday evening, and they continued all night (I probably slept through a lot, but every time I woke up, I was having one). Then they have continued this morning! Some are really mild, and some are more serious. I am really hoping it is baby day! This is the longest session of contractions I have had yet.

My doula was going to transfer me to her backup doula on Saturday because she is going on vacation (I would be 2 weeks overdue at that point), but she is switching the transfer to Wednesday night instead because of an important family reason. I LOVE my primary doula, but I feel really confident in the backup too (I actually picked her out), so I am good with the change of plans. But if Baby comes today or tomorrow, I would not be disappointed.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #38
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh yay! I hope this is it for you! Mine never last through the whole night so I would take that as a promising sign

Anyone heard an update from Melissa?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #39
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks!! I ended up doing hydrogen peroxide and alcohol and it fell off at bedtime. That thing was nasty though, it fizzed like crazy with the peroxide.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #40
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Just got back from the chiropractor. Probably going to have to make an acupuncture appt for later this week if still no baby. See the midwife again on thursday so we will go from there. My 3 year old told me today that she talked to the baby and she isn't going to come out any time soon cause she is tired and needs a nap. There is probably some truth to that since it is really loud around here!
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote