Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Children present at birth?

I have never wanted my kiddos in the L & D. I think it would be too scary for them and cause more stress then they need. My kids are very sensitive and would cry and be stressed out my just being in the hospital for a couple days. If they saw me in pain, it would not be a good thing. I rather them see me happy and with the baby after the L & D. I view it as something special between my dh and I and I have my mom in with me for support too. With our last child, we almost lost him and they had to rush me off to have a c-section and both my mom and dh thought that I was going to die too from miscommunication from the doctors. I would never want my kids to go through that, it took me about a year and a half to get over the trauma of the situation, so would never want them to have to deal with that. just my , lots of people do have kiddos in the room, but I would never do it. My kids are 9, 7, 4 and 2.

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
CheaperByTheDozen
Registered Users

My daughter was 2 when I had my son... she was there. Not on purpose... but she thought it was neat. When I had my next son she was 3. She wanted to be there... but we could not wake her up. She was soooo disappointed when she found out she missed it... Hopefully she will not miss it the next time around. I want her to be there. I never attended a birth other than my own until I had my 2nd child. She needs to know what it is so she is not so terified... I want her think of it as normal. Besides... I need someone there with me...
CheaperByTheDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:58 PM   #13
amymom2molly
Registered Users

hmm idunno if i would let my kiddo in there with me or not.i mean to each there own,i dont see anything wrong with it if everything is explained to them and they know whats going to happen but...i just think it would be a little more relaxing without having to worry about what my little one is doing or thinking. but i worry about everything so..LOL
amymom2molly is offline   Reply With Quote