Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How is it going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurkinsmommy View Post
I've started pumping to donate, so far only once a day because I'm *trying* to get my oversupply issues under control but it looks like I might just have to go with it and start pumping more often. I need 150 ozs before I can take my donation to the milk bank and I've got 8 oz stored in their little containers and 40 ounces in regular bags and that's just 2 weeks worth of pumping once a day.

As for how we are doing, everything is great! Arwin is growing, we have our "6 week" check up on wednesday (he'll be 7 weeks) so I will see how much he weighs then. I've started into trying to loose the baby weight, slowly, right now its more about getting in shape again and DH is joining me, he needs to eat healthy. Everyone is adjusting well to Arwin being around, he sleeps great so far, eats well and mostly just hangs out.
That's great you're going to donate. I donated 1300 oz last time (though not to a milk bank). My freezer was so full I had NO room left for anything! So, I pretty much HAD to get rid of some milk. I'd love to be able to donate again this time but we'll see how it goes. If I have more than enough I'll gladly do it again.

Best of luck w/ the exercising! I want to start working out again not to necessarily lose weight but to get in better shape and feel better too. I plan on doing the Tupler Technique in the fall when it cools down to help close my diastasis recti.

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm in awe of your milk stashes! I never remember to do it when I could actually sit down and pump. I have 10oz in the freezer and that's from two sessions. I seriously need to get on it more often so I can leave for a few hours if needed.

Teagan was tested recently for food intolerances because she has screaming periods every night. Turns out egg, gluten and dairy are the culprits, so my diet is severely limited. Well, it's an easy weight loss plan I guess (goodbye frosties, blizzards and Big Macs). But since this is my third child with dairy and gluten issues, I know what brands to buy/avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.

Last edited by wordmama; 07-23-2012 at 07:39 PM.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama

Teagan was tested recently for food intolerances because she has screaming periods every night. Turns out egg, gluten and dairy are the culprits, so my diet is severely limited. Well, it's an easy weight loss plan I guess (goodbye frosties, blizzards and Big Macs). But since this is my third child with dairy and gluten issues, I know what brands to buy/avoid.
I'm going to discuss food intolerances with our ped tomorrow. Lily has been screaming and twisting in pain with gas and each bowel movement and her poop has been moucusy.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #14
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Evanee has times when she is fussy at the breast. She'll suck and then unlatch and cry like she is uncomfy. I wondered if maybe she is sensitive to something. Do you think it may be or just some gas? I bought some gripe water and it seems to help so it makes me think it's gas.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugstrees

I'm going to discuss food intolerances with our ped tomorrow. Lily has been screaming and twisting in pain with gas and each bowel movement and her poop has been moucusy.
Sounds like food issues to me. Just keep in mind that allergy testing will not be accurate. You need to do intolerance testing, which is best/easily done through a naturopath. They can do it with a blood test or with kinesiology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas
Evanee has times when she is fussy at the breast. She'll suck and then unlatch and cry like she is uncomfy. I wondered if maybe she is sensitive to something. Do you think it may be or just some gas? I bought some gripe water and it seems to help so it makes me think it's gas.
Might just be gas or it could be tongue tie or even yeast. Food issues usually have them writhing in pain and with mucousy and/or green poops. And gripe water may offer temporary relief with food intolerances, but not much.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
My babies have done this when they are over tired and sleepy, but not truely hungrey, but they want the comfort of mommy, so they turn to that (and so does mom, it's a cure all easy fix ). When Ethan gets that way, we go to the rocker, wrap in a blanket and find the Soothie or Gumdrop.

We're doing great! Ethan is fighting sleep like a pro fighter and we're tired, but he's starting to settle in a lot better. He's finally having happy times awake and laying on his activity gym mat or on the bed/floor watching the fan and light. His brothers ADORE him and are always entertaining him (the 3 yo) or giving him a blanket and pacie (the 20 month old) He's filling out 3-6 and 6 month clothing easy and my DH guesses to be 15ish lbs. We're using several types of dipes, my fav being my 6 BGs and my 9 Monkey Doodlez fitteds. He pees like a water hose! It's INSANE the amont of pee from this little guy! As for Mom, I'm great pretty much went back to "normal" in about 3 weeks. Just stuggling with tiredness. Nursing is going great with us both. And ladies I think I have like 5-6 ozs in the freezer, so kudos to you and your stash!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
^that makes sense. Ill try the swing next time and see how that goes.

Just hit 300 oz in the freezer! Woot! I may get 500 b/f going back to work

Bought some of that Mederma stretch mark therapy and having been using it for a wk. Curious to see if it works. I think it should at least a little b/c I've used reg Mederma and it's worked.

Anyone else dealing w/ PP hemorrhoids? I think they are the worst this go around. So ready for them to be gone!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
Anyone else dealing w/ PP hemorrhoids? I think they are the worst this go around. So ready for them to be gone!
YES! They're awful!! I get them every time, but it seems like they're lasting A LOT longer this time.

As for us, Carter is 3.5 weeks old and I'm so enjoying him! I've gotten a couple of smiles from him, but haven't been able to get any of them on camera. For the most part, he doesn't fuss much, but there have been a couple of evenings where he screamed for several hours. I tried gas drops, which seemed to do nothing, and then I tried gripe water and he quieted down shortly after that. I'm not sure if he would have settled down anyway, or if the gripe water really helped.

He still hasn't lost his cord stump! I took him to the doctor today because there was some brown discharge and it was starting to smell bad. His doctor said the discharge and smell mean it's about to come off, so he's not worried but if there are signs of infection or if it isn't off by next Friday, call him. He also said he's heard that babies who hang on to their cord stump for this long have low immune systems, but he's never seen a baby hang on to theirs this long in his entire career. I just love hearing stuff like that...NOT! There have been so many times in the last year (mainly with the pregnancy I miscarried) that I've heard "I've never seen anything like this" from a doctor and it gets old! Anyway...
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #19
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy
YES! They're awful!! I get them every time, but it seems like they're lasting A LOT longer this time.

As for us, Carter is 3.5 weeks old and I'm so enjoying him! I've gotten a couple of smiles from him, but haven't been able to get any of them on camera. For the most part, he doesn't fuss much, but there have been a couple of evenings where he screamed for several hours. I tried gas drops, which seemed to do nothing, and then I tried gripe water and he quieted down shortly after that. I'm not sure if he would have settled down anyway, or if the gripe water really helped.

He still hasn't lost his cord stump! I took him to the doctor today because there was some brown discharge and it was starting to smell bad. His doctor said the discharge and smell mean it's about to come off, so he's not worried but if there are signs of infection or if it isn't off by next Friday, call him. He also said he's heard that babies who hang on to their cord stump for this long have low immune systems, but he's never seen a baby hang on to theirs this long in his entire career. I just love hearing stuff like that...NOT! There have been so many times in the last year (mainly with the pregnancy I miscarried) that I've heard "I've never seen anything like this" from a doctor and it gets old! Anyway...
I think I'll be dealing w/ them longer this time since they're worse. I just make sure to take my stool softener every day

I haven't managed to really capture a good smile on camera yet. Hoping I get lucky one of these days. Evanee has a fussy time in the evenings. Sometimes I give her gripe water but holding her and swaying/patting seems to work better. I only got the gripe water b/c I thought she might be gassy.

That's surprising he still has it. Evanee's smelled bad right b/f it fell off. Made me wonder if it was infected it smelled so bad but it was fine. She had the discharge too.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
katydid6952
Registered Users
seller

655oz in the deep freezer and 10oz in the regular freezer waiting to finish freezing. WOOHOO!!!