Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #131
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you have to do?

Best part about using a family physician is that I don't have to pick a new ped. Until he retires. Then I might cry, cause I really love him.

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #132
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs down Re: What do you have to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianxchaos View Post
Best part about using a family physician is that I don't have to pick a new ped. Until he retires. Then I might cry, cause I really love him.
What I am thinking about doing is calling my dr, a family dr and seeing what his veiws are on vac'ing ect. If he isn't willing to take the kids because of my not vaccinating then I am going to have to search.

As far as the ladder goes... I didn't do that part of the painting, just what I could reach.

Oh and the plumbing is going to probably be much worse than we though. The plumber just left after making the recomendation to call a water damage expert/ making and insurance claim. He found massive amounts of mold and that all the subfloor is wet and possibly a support beam to the house. So we may be relocated for repairs as this is our only bathroom. I have 3 weeks till my due date and am planning a home birth. So needless to say I am freaking out a bit. I am waiting for the water damage guy to get here to make his assessment. I really hope it isn't as bad as I think it is but the plumber has been to our house several times and never made a recomendation like this.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #133
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianxchaos View Post
This is what we have as well, I love her and it's cool because she saw me for my prenatal care for DS, delivered him, has been his doctor ever since, is seeing me for this baby's prenatal care, will (hopefully!) deliver this baby, and then see both kids as well as me and DH. She's only in her 30s, so hopefully she'll be our doctor for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
What I am thinking about doing is calling my dr, a family dr and seeing what his veiws are on vac'ing ect. If he isn't willing to take the kids because of my not vaccinating then I am going to have to search.

As far as the ladder goes... I didn't do that part of the painting, just what I could reach.

Oh and the plumbing is going to probably be much worse than we though. The plumber just left after making the recomendation to call a water damage expert/ making and insurance claim. He found massive amounts of mold and that all the subfloor is wet and possibly a support beam to the house. So we may be relocated for repairs as this is our only bathroom. I have 3 weeks till my due date and am planning a home birth. So needless to say I am freaking out a bit. I am waiting for the water damage guy to get here to make his assessment. I really hope it isn't as bad as I think it is but the plumber has been to our house several times and never made a recomendation like this.
Oh no! That really sucks. What caused the problem initially? Hopefully it's something covered by insurance. If you have any questions let me know, DH is an adjuster. What terrible timing!

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #134
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok disaster averted. It was a leaking wax ring that we didn't know was leaking. The reason we had called the plumber was because when we were putting the cabinent back into the bathroom after painting the other day, my husband messed up the valves somehow and caused them to leak. So we had to have the plumber fix them. The Water guy came and there is very little water sucked into the floor. He just said to put a fan in the basement for a few days and he sprayed some microban around the areas that were leaking. So we aren't being relocated. Wheww... Relief. I was litterally freaking out about everything. I couldn't help it. I'm like i could have this baby any day and we are having a home birth so I was thinking worse case.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #135
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by threec's View Post
Love this idea! My c-section is scheduled for 2 weeks which makes it easier to plan.

I need to:

*Keep house clean! Yikes!
*Type up CD washing instruction for hubby
*Type up a schedule and important phone numbers for my two boys
*decide on and buy some pre-folds!

I've done:
*Nursery is READY
*Hospital bag is packed in case I go early
*made lactation cookies*
diapers I have are prepped
*house WAS clean... 2 boys have undone. This will happen every day

With the third, I feel like I don't have that much to get ready, just keeping these little things kept up, and round out my NB stash. Having my DS's 4 and 2, makes keeping everything tidy and perfect impossible, and getting a lot of extra things accomplished. So I'm trying to be as relaxed as possible and not stress myself out!
What are lactation cookies?

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #136
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
Ok disaster averted. It was a leaking wax ring that we didn't know was leaking. The reason we had called the plumber was because when we were putting the cabinent back into the bathroom after painting the other day, my husband messed up the valves somehow and caused them to leak. So we had to have the plumber fix them. The Water guy came and there is very little water sucked into the floor. He just said to put a fan in the basement for a few days and he sprayed some microban around the areas that were leaking. So we aren't being relocated. Wheww... Relief. I was litterally freaking out about everything. I couldn't help it. I'm like i could have this baby any day and we are having a home birth so I was thinking worse case.
Oh thank goodness! I don't blame you for freaking out, I would as well! I'm a homebody as it is, and I've been so nesty that I can't imagine having to leave my house right now (I mean to move out for awhile, not for errands and stuff, haha). At this point you just want things "just right." Heck, I'm struggling with that just because I am having to wait on people for things (*cough*DH*cough*) or just don't have the energy to do much more right now.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #137
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Uggg I hate plumbing I actually had my sink clog this weekend during our party and thought I was gonna cry. We had our main line clog this spring and our septic as well. Very frustrating.

I have finished what can be done off my list. It's up to dh if anything else gets done. I can't do anything with ds school untill the offices open on the first...but I may decided to homeschool for kindergarten. I just can't decide and I have been worried about dhs reaction to it. We both always said we were gonna send him to public but something tells me homeschooling this year is what I need to do for him
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #138
sandyj21
Registered Users
seller

AHHHHHHH! I am never going to finish everything in time. Wait Baby Please WAIT!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #139
1healthylady
Registered Users

I have been such a slacker lately. I have 3 more thank you's to write and keep procrastinating. We still haven't found a pediatrician. I have watched a ton of Olympics though and have been getting stuff done at work to prepare for upcoming events and my leave. I also returned several duplicate gifts and diapers to Target, so we have more $ to spend there. I really should try knocking some more stuff off my to do list though. Maybe then I'd be asleep right now.

So this week....

choose pediatrician
cancel DH's phone
open credit union account
write thank you's
make 1 cover

Seems manageable.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #140
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm done with what I can accomplish except.
-Call ds school tomorrow about registration
-38week appt.
-keep house some what clean
- keep up on laundry
The rest is up to my hubby to do(unlikely)