Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

The proper care and feeding of your husband.

Any one read this? Thoughts? Trying to decide to buy it. My friend suggested it.

Advertisement

ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Buxterboo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The proper care and feeding of your husband.

lol. I thought this was going to be a funny joke looks like I need to do some research because now I'm intrigued...
Old 07-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep! I liked it and even have it on my ipod and listen to it periodically. I find that I need the reminder that I am a wife, not just a mother who is married. Does that make sense? It reminds me to put that extra effort into our marriage. This may sound odd, but I feel more loving towards my husband after I read the book. I feel guilty even typing that because he is great, but with three kids demanding my attention its easy to get distracted. It takes me back to the time were we were dating. After you go from girlfriend to wife, some of that effort falls to the side as children and the never ending to do list takes priority.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes, I read it and I really REALLY liked it. I am not old fashioned, nor am I a feminist. I think it was very well written and it really opened my eyes to how I treat my husband
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm trying to decide between that and "the respect dare" by Nina Roesner. This one is much more Christian which is fine for me but my husband is agnostic and so I'm not sure if it would pertain as much.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

yes, I like it. I think I actually need to read it again to refresh myself I bought it when we were a young married couple and it really helped me see things in a different perspective
Old 07-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes, I love it. I got it as a gift before we got married and didn't really read it until we'd been married a few years. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a really solid relationship with their spouse.

And if you apply the principles to everyone, I think you'll have happier relationships all around. Done very well in a very common sense approach.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow from the reviews online... that sounds like a terrible book...
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Let's see. It was written by a woman who once had an affair with a married man and who publicly, on air, used the "n" word during a conversation related to interrace relationships, then told the caller that she didn't need to marry "out of race" if she couldn't handle that word. She has referred to homosexuals as "biological errors". Oh yes. And she's been divorced. But she's an authority on happy relationships?

From what little I've read of this book, it seems to me to be an easy way to make yourself feel 1) guilty for having your own needs, 2)guilty if you ever don't feel like dtd, and 3) like you need to stay looking like a 20-year old bride for life unless you want some ho to come along and yank your hubby right out from under you (maybe like SHE did when she had the affair??)

No thanks. I never have liked this woman, EVER. I think her radio shows are crap.

Btw--Schlesinger is not a Christian. She was once an orthodox Jew but apparently renounced that at some point (or at least is no longer practicing orthodox)

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com

Last edited by dancermommy1; 07-25-2012 at 07:06 PM.
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I loved it. It didn't make me feel guilty or marginalized at all, in fact it made me feel empowered. The author is a controversial figure, so some people might dismiss it out of hand. But a friend gave it to me and I loved it. See if your library has it, then you're not out anything if you dislike it.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote