Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Nap time with two co-sleepers

We have a 27 month old and an 8 month old, tandem nursing. With the setup we have now, nap time requires both DH and me. The baby nurses down and the toddler usually falls asleep while reading books with DH or I nurse him down too. DH has meetings in the next few weeks though and can't be here during nap time. Any suggestions for getting two co-sleepers down for a nap with only one parent?

Advertisement

Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nap time with two co-sleepers

Can you read to the toddler, while nrsing the baby down? And then nurse the toddler down after baby is asleep? That's how a friend of mine does it... although I know that would distract my baby and keep him awake .
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
jengojengo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, you have a lot going on. I am guessing DH has always been home up until now? I second the suggestion of reading aloud while you nurse the baby.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this situation a lot. Mine didn't always nap at the same time. Right now I have a 2.5 yr old and a 10 month old who both like to nurse to sleep and sometimes they do sleep at the same time (it's definitely nice when that happens!) I do usually just try to get one of them down at a time. They don't always go to sleep with nursing so I make use of my Boba and yesterday they both fell asleep in that (not at the same time obviously ) though unless I've been holding them for awhile it can be hard to put them down w/o waking them up. I got my 10 month old to sleep first then my 2.5 yr old. I have also done the reading a book to my older one while nursing my younger one to sleep. Doesn't always work but it at least helped.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #5
Chickpea's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, reading to my toddler would absolutely keep my baby awake. She gets horribly distracted and has great difficulty nursing with anyone else in the room or any noise (SO different from DS when he was her age).

In the past, when DH has gotten home late, I try to nurse the baby down while the toddler sits in the next room watching a show (he's a super easy kid and never gets into shenanigans). The only problem is if the baby wakes up when I'm nursing the toddler down (occasionally, she wakes up two or three time in the middle of a nap). I just wondered what other mamas in this situation have tried.
Chickpea's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote