|Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|07-27-2012, 12:15 PM||#11|
Haven't made it through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been mentioned.
My mom got an LG FL last year, tried Ecos on clothes, and hated it. She said all her whites were dingy, even with bleach. I think she was using too much Ecos, adding Downy, and putting everything in the dryer. I suggested she ease off of the Ecos, lose the Downy, and maybe strip some of Dad's undershirts with Dawn. She decided to just try Tide instead. She hasn't been complaining lately, so maybe that's working for her.
Anyway, just wanted to warn people about the fabric softener.
Okay, now I've made it through to the end. Wow. Lots of info.
My clothing routine is up above, and I intend to use Tide for diapers. I'm seriously considering a wet pail. I currently "wet pail" my menstrual cloth in an old nalgene bottle. I wear Party in my Pants pads and liners, and until I started the wet pail, I wasn't happy with the cleanliness.
Here's my MC "wet pail" system:
1. Fill Nalgene bottle 1/3 with cold water and add a tsp of Oxyclean. Close the lid and give it a shake to dissolve the oxy.
2. Add dirty pad and another 1/3 of water. Close lid and shake it like a cocktail shaker. Hide it on the edge of the tub, behind the shower curtain.
4. Add pads to bottle as I change them, shake, and replace on edge of tub.
3. Once each day, I drain off the water into the toilet, fill the bottle 2/3 full, add a little oxy, and shake.
4. At the end of my cycle, I drain the water, add clean water, shake again, and pour it off. I dump the wet pads in the washer and wash on hot with the towels.
Would a similar idea (with a bucket, and washing dipes every other day) work, or should I start trolling Craigslist for a used TL?
ISO: A contractor who shows up and actually does the work for which I am paying him without me standing over him like he is a child who won't clean his room.
The remodel isn't going well.
Last edited by IndoorKitty; 07-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.