Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #11
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Car (or SUV) suggestions for 3 across

I have a ford explorer and I am SO glad I only need one car seat. They would not work well.
I have two pre-teens and one in a high back boaster and the are tight.

Advertisement

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
an_aurora
Registered Users

I fit three wide seats in my Explorer! Newer ones are narrower though, I think.

OP, you can fit three seats in pretty much anything. The only vehicles you can't is in ones with only two usable seats (ie some sports cars with one two seatbelts, or the RAV-4 with the belts that overlap).
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #13
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
you can fit three seats in pretty much anything. The only vehicles you can't is in ones with only two usable seats (ie some sports cars with one two seatbelts, or the RAV-4 with the belts that overlap).
Perhaps I should revise it to "things that fit 3 seats comfortably" Two will be boosters so I guess it depends how things puzzle, too.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #14
an_aurora
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_josh View Post
Perhaps I should revise it to "things that fit 3 seats comfortably" Two will be boosters so I guess it depends how things puzzle, too.
Yeah fitting and fitting comfortably are two completely different things! I can physically fit three in my vehicle, including two boosters, but it involves sliding the booster out, buckling, sliding it back into place, sliding the seatbelt over the armrest to pull to tighten, and then sliding it back under the armrest. Repeat for the other booster, a millions times a day. I'm getting a bigger SUV soon
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I don't think I've seen it mentioned, but the Chevy Impala has a larger back seat.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have done 3 accross in my mom's Explorer (older version), Brothers durango, I had a Chrysler Pacifica. My friend as an older buick that she does 3 across compfortably. These are with big seats--nautalis and graco infant seats

I did manage to get 2 nautalis and a baby trend bucket in the back of DH's Camry a couple weeks ago--it was super tight and would personally be a pain for all the time use but if I needed to I now know I can.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
kochmm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just upgraded to the Odyssey, but before had a VW Passat Wagon 07 and had Chicco infant carrier, Radian 65 and a Britax Marathon, and it wasn't bad

http://mpkmamma.blogspot.com/
kochmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
amholley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megkmc View Post
Easy in my GMC Acadia! But I do have a Radian in the mix! So that makes it even easier.
What seats do you have in the Acadia that fit well? I am trying to figure out what will work for a ff 2.5 yo, rf 1 yo, and infant. Thatnks in advance.
amholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom has an Acadia with captains chairs. It is A PITA because there is only one top tether point in the way back, and it is in the center, so you have to have the large seat up. With a harnessed seat back there, it is next to impossible to get a double stroller in when just the little seat is down.

We have done lots of things in there since it is captains chairs. Right now, we have RF Boulevard and a Maestro in the second row, and a Frontier in the back.

One of the issues with us having a 4th child is that my mom would have to get a new car to safely transport 4 kids since there is only one top tether in the back, and we need 2 top tethers back there, or a way to put a booster next to a harnessed seat, which will be IMPOSSIBLE to buckle. At least once a week she gripes that she wishes she had gotten an Odyssey instead.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 10-11-2012 at 10:06 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #20
megkmc
Registered Users

I have a GMC Acadia with a bench middle row. We have a rf radian behind the passanger, ff maestro in the middle, rf chicco Keyfit behind the driver. I also have a ff older style marathon in the 3rd row for the 1x a week that we carpool to preschool. There is plenty of room for all the seats, but there are some draw backs. My ff dd (5yo) has to crawl over the rf radian to get in her seat. Or if dd2 is in the radian dd1 has to carwl on the floor space under the rf radian. Also, I have the rf radian on the seat that folds down to access the 3rd row, so our friend has to crawl in the hatch to sit in the back when we carpool (she is 5, so she doesn't mind, but still). Also, I am currently unable to use our frontier. If it is in the middle it blocks our view out the back window. AND it can't fit in the 3rd row because there literally isn't room between the 2nd and 3rd rows. Once we get into booster territory we will see what happens!