Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leather vs Cloth

Leather--you can wipe it down! DH's cloth seats are destroyed from the kids bottles and sippies. My leather you just wipe and it is good as new.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britax just came out with their own seat protector that is crash tested with their seats. You can find into on BritaxUSA.com.

http://www.britaxusa.com/accessories...seat-protector

They also introduced a kick mat for RFing dirty shoes.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have one of each right now and we have a ton of trouble keeping ds's seat tight in the one with leather, but the fabric rarely needs readjusting. I don't know what exactly is the cause, but I know I don't think I want leather again as long as we use are using carseats.

As far as cleaning, some sticky things (like a melted gummi bear) that we have had to scrub off the leather have done serious damage, like took some of the finish off. It' just a few little spots bug it makes my dh crazy. And yes, the carseats leave a crazy dent in the leather. I don't know how long it takes to come out. We moved seats around about a month ago and one of them doesn't look much better than it did when we first took the seat off of it.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If the seat is coming loose on the leather, it is not installed correctly. Seatbelts and latch straps should not loosen. The leather does not change the length of the belt.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I have black leather and couldn't love it more. It's a trade off, indents and stain free, or always plush with the high possibility of getting dirty.

I would not use a mat that want tested by the car seat manufacturer. Like, I know SK used to make one for their seats, and Britax makes for theirs. No blankets, no shelf liner, but a thin towel is ok.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Britax just came out with their own seat protector that is crash tested with their seats. You can find into on BritaxUSA.com.

http://www.britaxusa.com/accessories...seat-protector

They also introduced a kick mat for RFing dirty shoes.
oooh!! thanks!--- I think my biggest worry will be the radian rearfacing, that boot does some massive indenting (we havn't had it installed in my husbands ina few months, and it's back to normal, but it will be used continuely once the new baby arrives, and the lease will be the main baby wagon.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know about indentions, but leather for child/baby messes. My husband has leather and it's never a big deal, just wipe it up.

I used to think it was bad having leather because it was so hot during the summer (we are from Texas), but I think you'd still be better off just getting a seat cover for yourself and the front seat passenger. The kids in the carseats won't notice
Old 07-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

also, kick mats are good.. but I just covered my back seat with 2 shirts So, her feet hit the tshirts. That I was going to throw out because I don't wear tshirts, but have a ton of them.

I want to spend the money on a kick mat, but I keep telling myself that my tshirts are working fine. That being said, I have cloth, so I'm sure they're also protecting the seats really well that way too.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think leather cleans easier but will have dents left from the seats. DH has leather and the car I am getting tomorrow will have cloth (my choice, HATE how hot leather gets in TX!)