Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone successfully supplement?

btw..i use breastflow bottles too and that helps babies have the same type of nipple like the mothers breast helps prevent/ease up on any nipple confusion

Advertisement

Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #22
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJordan85
He takes a bottle of BM fine, and he is 7 months. He doesn't love his sippy yet.
If he already takes a bottle of BM fine, then formula won't be different, I dont imagine.
We started supplementing my twins with formula at about 6 weeks. They're now almost 10 weeks and they've always taken the formula as easily as BM. They're a bit less eager to accept alimentum, but that stuff is nasty so I don't blame them. Ultimately they take it fine, and my supply hasn't changed since we started.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
macs'mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our DD did fine, we started supplementing a little at 6mos, and increased around 8, she wasn't growing. as long as someone else gave her a bottle she'd pretty much take anything in it, we also started with half bm and half formula, I think that helped her get used to a different taste
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #24
MN Mama to 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS 1 & 2 would switch back and forth without any issue. DS 1 wouldn't take a bottle from me, but DS 2 didn't mind where it was coming from. DS 3 has no problems with a bottle of bm, but I haven't tried any formula yet. Like all things, it's probably going to depend on your baby. Good luck! :-)
MN Mama to 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #25
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

both my kids have gone back and forth between bottle and breast without any issues. i've never even tried to get them to take a bottle for "practice" before i go back to work. they just take it. i do always use the slowest flow nipple. even when my ds was over a year old. he never cared, cause he was used to it and the breast was probably slower. my freezer stash from maternity leave isn't gone yet, so dd has never had formula. but i always joked that ds would suck on anything remotely resembling a nipple, as long as SOMETHING came out to fill his constantly-hungry belly (he never took pacifiers. he'd suck for a minute and then spit them out and howl in anger that nothing was coming out). he was on part formula as soon as i went back to work at 3 months, drank formula/bm all day at daycare and then happily went back to the breast at night and on weekends with no issues. even after i stopped pumping at work and he got all formula, he continued nursing at night and on weekends until he was 11 months. the majority of moms i know have babies that go back and forth between bottle and breast no problem. i know it happens, but i haven't ever personally met someone that it DIDN'T work out for don't worry! it'll be fine! do what you have to do to keep your sanity
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

both my kids have gone back and forth between bottle and breast without any issues. i've never even tried to get them to take a bottle for "practice" before i go back to work. they just take it. i do always use the slowest flow nipple. even when my ds was over a year old. he never cared, cause he was used to it and the breast was probably slower. my freezer stash from maternity leave isn't gone yet, so dd has never had formula. but i always joked that ds would suck on anything remotely resembling a nipple, as long as SOMETHING came out to fill his constantly-hungry belly (he never took pacifiers. he'd suck for a minute and then spit them out and howl in anger that nothing was coming out). he was on part formula as soon as i went back to work at 3 months, drank formula/bm all day at daycare and then happily went back to the breast at night and on weekends with no issues. even after i stopped pumping at work and he got all formula, he continued nursing at night and on weekends until he was 11 months. the majority of moms i know have babies that go back and forth between bottle and breast no problem. i know it happens, but i haven't ever personally met someone that it DIDN'T work out for don't worry! it'll be fine! do what you have to do to keep your sanity
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote