Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #51
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will you find out the gender? Why or why not?

I am a huge planer so I HAVE to know. With DD2 they told me they couldn't get a good view so they thought it was a girl. I didn't like that answer so I paid for one of those 3d/4d ones and had it confirmed. I have thought about finding out the gender but not telling anyone what we are having because then they can't ask what the name. DH won't talk names until we know gender so it's something I can't wait to find out although he will be deployed at the time so I guess we still won't be talking names for a long time.

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #52
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First baby we found out right away. Second we found out by giving the sealed results to a bakery the week of my birthday and we cut into the cake at my party, so we all found out together. I've known the third would be a surprise, though the plan was to have a girl, a boy, then a surprise... but that's ok. I dont feel anxious about it or like I am going to cave. With both my boys I was certain they were girls and I have no feelings one way or another this time so I wont have any kinda of disappointment if it's one or the other

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #53
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

I've never had an ultrasound so I've never found out the gender in advance (never particularly wanted to either). I won't have an ultrasound this time either unless it appears necessary for some reason, but if I did, I think I would find out. I'd rather get the disappointment if baby's a boy out of the way before the birth and not be sad about all the super cute girly things I'll never get to use when I'm postpartum and super emotional.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #54
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson View Post
i would put lor in a blue dress and she would get called a boy. We have about 60% neutral and then 20% boy and 20% girl for this kiddo. I am not against dresses and stuff but think newborns should be in comfy cotton footed things personally...i also can not stand headbows on bald baby girls....especially the huge ones that are bigger than their heads. lol I know i am mostly alone on this conviction though.
I like headbands but don't have bald babies I do hate those very large bows though that seem to overwhelm their heads and faces.

I like putting little girls in dresses but don't do only pink, I like all colors. I do do boyish and girlish clothes depending on the gender but more so because I find it fun and love the look of them. Not because I am trying to mold them into liking certain things. DS is allowed to play with any of DD toys and vice versa. She even plays dress up with him and he loves it

I am definitely a planner and DH hates surprises, plus I loved finding out with both our others so we are going to find out again at the only ultrasound we are planning on having at around 20 weeks.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #55
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkInk View Post
First baby we found out right away. Second we found out by giving the sealed results to a bakery the week of my birthday and we cut into the cake at my party, so we all found out together. I've known the third would be a surprise, though the plan was to have a girl, a boy, then a surprise... but that's ok. I dont feel anxious about it or like I am going to cave. With both my boys I was certain they were girls and I have no feelings one way or another this time so I wont have any kinda of disappointment if it's one or the other
that is a really awesome idea! I think if I need an ultrasound and the gender may be shown at the time then I would do it your way. That is just such a cool way to reveal it and still feel like SURPRISE/special moment. Yeah. Its decided if I found out this is how I'd like to know.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote