Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #11
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Rooms.

I think it's a great idea!

Advertisement

alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Makes sense to me!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds great! When just sold our house and moved into a rental house that's really small (no bedrooms could fit a king bed in them) so the baby sleeps in 1 room, 2 olders share a room, and 3yr. Old sleeps in dining room (no table or anything) and just hung up a curtain in the door opening. We sleep in the livingroom. Granted we are building and everyone will have their own rooms, but for now this works perfectly fine
Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

We have 4 bedrooms, one master and 3 smaller ones. We have 6 boys and now 1 girl. We originally wanted to put all the bigger boys in the master bedroom, but then decided against it because the only window in the room does not open, and we found it to be unsafe for the kids. I do love that idea though, and would totally do it, otherwise.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I knew I wasn't crazy! DH and I have very little furniture and would fit FINE in the down stairs bedroom. I never wanted the older girls downstairs because it just freaks me out.
It will be a while before we do it, but it's in the plan!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #16
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did that exact thing for our girls. We have a massive loft/bunk bed in our girls rooms so that each have their own bed plus room for dressers. We have the smaller bedroom ( although its not really small so its not like we are sardines in there or anything ) but its downstairs from the other 3 bedrooms. Its been 2 years that its been like this and its been great!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #17
MamatoGreta
Registered Users
seller

Sounds great to me. Right now we are sort of stuck in a two bedroom townhouse with 4 kids. We have it worked out so we get to keep the master bedroom, but there was a time when we almost switched. Sometimes it just makes sense.

I've made over $250 on Swagbucks! sign up and you can too!
MamatoGreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If it works for you, thats really all that really matters. I would never give up my master bedroom though - its MINE

I recently just decided to be selfish and take back my craft room, leaving 2 bedrooms for my 4 girls (9, 7, 5, 5m - she will move out of our bed around 2). I struggled with what we will do when they are close to teen but I decided no one ever died sharing a room and I like my super low mortgage pmt too much to move just so my kids can have their own rooms. Plus this house will be an awesome size for the retirement years . We can always change our minds later anyway.

But whatever floats YOUR boat - I think its weird that anyone cares what bedroom your kids sleep in lol.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote