Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #11
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: So upset

I think that you should change everytime baby pees, IMO.

Advertisement

kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #12
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two questions:

1. Have you tried prefolds?

2. Do you think she's ready for potty-learning? What would happen if you were to put her on the potty for those times when she's really going?
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #13
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Maybe a stay-dry doubler would help?
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #14
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: So upset

I had that problem with BG's and VBs!!! I use PF's and BSWW..and it's definitely a great combination for my super soaker! Also, I use a Bugaboo Bottoms for a night dipe that she wears for 12 hours and the soaker is SOPPING wet in the morning but her outer dipe and clothes are dry as a bone! I want to get some more Bugaboo Bottoms Stuffable AIOs b/c they rock! I would say that you would need a lot more absorbency! Also sounds like your dipes might need stripped. Try hemp...I have found a great love for that magical fiber! We use a PF and wool at night. I just fold up a hemp insert in thirds and lay it in the PF and jelly roll it OR just fold the out side edges in to the middle and separate the back to make tabs to snappy. Then use a nice wool cover. My dd SOAKS every other dipe I have used! I find this combo works GREAT! I would maybe try other dipes to see if you can find something that works better! I'm not expert and have been at it for a/b two weeks now. We CDed at around 4-6 months but I was having issues with rashes and leaks and gave up. I now wish I had figured out what I know now.
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #15
huggerwocky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Use prefolds or fitteds with wool, less headache. I have the same problem with virtually all pockets, but especially bumgenius and also very babys. It's just not possible to change a diaper every hour at all times.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #16
kkbtoys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Maybe they just need to be stripped?? I can try that. I just never had to change her that much before. She's always been in cds. Is there anything else to try? All of her bg are new too!! Most of the vbs are newer...bigger size. We have a new washer though...could that be it?
I was just wondering if maybe they new diapers are too big & she's peeing out the side?

Also, I only tried BGs when they were brand new, but I found that for whatever reason (buildup, suedecloth, or something else entirely) the BGs didn't soak up quickly enough, and they leaked.

If you haven't had trouble w/the diapers before, I would suspect buildup (try stripping in the dishwasher). If the stripping doesn't help, then I would increase absorbancy. If they are larger diapers, I would suspect sizing issues (gaps around the legs, in particular).
kkbtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #17
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the same issue when my DS got about 2. I think he was just ready to potty learn. He was holding it and letting it all out at once, rather than just peeing more often. Try some prefolds and covers/wool, and see if that solves the problem. That still can hold in my DS1's waterfalls! It's the only thing that works for him. We used sposies while out until we figured out what worked, so don't feel bad for using a few sposies if you don't want to worry about whether your new system will make it all the way through grocery shopping.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #18
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
No i wouldn't quit but it sounds like you do need more absorbency.Is it possible you have buildup and the BG's are repelling?What kind of covers do you use?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #19
lovendove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'll admit I didn't ck the whole thread but what if you tried fitteds and wool? I change almost every pee because a) he's a light wetter and b) he almost never has a cover on since hes a light wetter and not mobile although he's starting to move more.

Ok point being, if you're getting leaks, try wool. I bet it would work great as an added layer of protection on your Lo's outfits even with the bg's.

Also ditto the stripping