Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
WRmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Do any of you homeschool?

I'm really interested in HS. My son is 5 and should be starting kinder this year, but with everything that has been going on in life, we haven't even had time to register him for pub school yet. I have no clue where to start on a few things but I still work with him almost everyday on reading and writing. He does work books on his own and really excited to go to school, but I'm not sure that I want him to go through the same things that I did in school. I have already noticed that he has A.D.D. just like me and dyslexia. I'm not sure if pub school would be the best thing for him. I know that I need to commit to the idea but there is so much info and laws that I am getting confused on it. Seems so intimidating.

Advertisement

WRmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
MotherGoose518
Registered Users

I homeschool all but the older 2 (and the 19 month old of course). I have a very relaxed approach, and my middle schoolers do their work mostly independantly. We go year round because of our very relaxed approach, and I anticipate taking the entire month of December off (however long I end up in the hospital either on bedrest or in the NICU with the baby and am not home to oversee their work and hold them accountable to actually do it).
MTHFR + possible Ehler's Danlos Syndrome
Lovenox, Folic Acid Therapy, Aspirin Therapy
MotherGoose518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We homeschool and usually take a week off after baby is born.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
ksburgess
Registered Users
seller

We homeschool . I will have a 5th, 3rd, and 1st grader, plus a preschooler and toddler . I'm starting at the same time as usual, but we'll take a shorter holiday break this year.

I'm planning on only one week "off" after the baby is born since most of my teaching is from the couch anyways! My kids do better without long breaks... Things start to fall apart if we're unstructured too long! If need be we can take some days easier, or all stay in a big group in the family room to work on assignments. We can also school a little later than usual this year. I've planned a more generous spring break, too, when my parents will be flying in to meet the new baby (probably in March).

A lot of the work my kids do is independent work with oversight from me, so I think we'll keep up fairly well with a sleepy newborn in tow!
ksburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DDC:
Your LO is so young... stay flexible and enjoy this fleeting time. Yours might be ready to read b4 baby, but he may not. Mine have each worked at his or her own pace, often very different from what I expected.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote