Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

How to make your own fleece liners???

Anyone have any advice on making a fleece liner for your nb? I am planning on using KL0s in combo with prefolds and covers so I might consider using fleece liners because they are so soft and will keep moisture off baby's bum. I also am kind of a fanatic about stains so I'd rather stain up homemade liners than my dipes. So any advice on materials and how to's would be great!

Advertisement

loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just cut up some carters fleece blankets that I had. I tried to make them 4.5"x12".
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to make your own fleece liners???

I just go to fabric store and buy fleece when it's on sale. I normally get the white winter fleece stuff from Joanns when there is a 50% off sale or coupon. Cut just smaller than the size of the inside of the diaper. No need to sew, the fleece fabric doesn't unravel. I use it for anytime we are using medicines, diaper rash creams, or little one eating too many blueberries, etc. Toss when they are looking too worn or getting too stained. Wash separate from diapers if you've used any unfriendly to cloth creams.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
JulieHyphenAnn
Registered Users
seller

I also bought white microfleece at Joanne's and cut it up. Very fast and easy. I would stay away from heavier/thicker fleece as I believe that stuff does not allow moisture to pass through as easily.
JulieHyphenAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieHyphenAnn
I also bought white microfleece at Joanne's and cut it up. Very fast and easy. I would stay away from heavier/thicker fleece as I believe that stuff does not allow moisture to pass through as easily.
Yep, this exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieHyphenAnn View Post

Yea that!

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveReese2pieces
Anyone have any advice on making a fleece liner for your nb? I am planning on using KL0s in combo with prefolds and covers so I might consider using fleece liners because they are so soft and will keep moisture off baby's bum. I also am kind of a fanatic about stains so I'd rather stain up homemade liners than my dipes. So any advice on materials and how to's would be great!
If you're worried about stains, just stick the prefolds in the sun. They will be nice and white in no time.

Part of the glory of NB EBF poo is you don't really need a liner or to spray. Just throw it in the wash!

Liners are really nice when they transition to solids. I just cut up rectangles of fleece so it is the same size as the inside of the diaper. Too small and it doesn't provide coverage. Too big and it hangs out and could wick. I get my fleece at Joanns too.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
kbevie
Registered Users
seller

Anti pill and polar fleece are repelling fabrics (used for fleece covers) but microfleece wicks away from the skin. Fleece doesn't fray so you could buy a yard (or less) from a local fabric store and cut them up. No edge finishing is necessary.
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

Is the microfleece you are talking about like the minky fabrics I've seen there? Someone at hobby lobby told me that it was the same as the microfleece? I should probably go to Joann's. I don't think HL even has microfleece.
loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
JulieHyphenAnn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveReese2pieces
Is the microfleece you are talking about like the minky fabrics I've seen there? Someone at hobby lobby told me that it was the same as the microfleece? I should probably go to Joann's. I don't think HL even has microfleece.
Minky is definitely a different fabric from microfleece. I don't believe minky has any stay-dry/wicking properties.
JulieHyphenAnn is offline   Reply With Quote